Turn on thread page Beta

Choosing between two guys! watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I really dont know what to do right now!

Theres one guy who I went out with for almost 3 years...out of those 2 years were long distance. When we were together everything was great. He said he loved me, for once I said it back and things were perfect. When we started doing the long distance thing, there were a few instances where he had something going on with girls...nothing physical but the whole hanging out thing. I don't exactly know what happened but after a while I had enough of hearing and finding out about him and girls that liked him or girls he had suddenly started hanging out with. He never told me about anything straight up. I found out through emails he got from a girl and ways like that. Thing is he was basically the guy that everyone had a crush on in school and was quite a player before we started going out.

Finally I said it was over and he said he knew he had messed up and everything and he realised it now. In the mean time there was another guy, who was with me at uni who said he liked me and we started hanging out. He got really serious about us and hes a great guy. Treats me well and I know he wouldnt do anything to hurt me. Hes listened to me cry over and talk about guy #1 a lot and been there for me during really hard times.

But I'm not over guy #1 and he came to see me at uni and said he wanted me back and he would do anything for us to be together. I can see hes changed in a way but I dont think hell ever fully change. He says he still loves me and I feel the same about him, despite everything! I guess its the whole 'first love' thing staying with you.

So now I have guy#1 whos planning our life together and guy #2 who thinks were together. And I guess right now Im basically kind of two timing them. I dont know how to choose without hurting someone. Am I just being stupid by believing guy#1 can change and wants to?

ReputationRep:
    so whats guy #1 done wrong? Can he control whether or not girls like him? What did he apologise to you for?

my two cents? neither of them. Being with one of them will remind you of the other too much. Love should not be a competition - the guys will end up competing to be with you, rather than being with you because they want to. good luck, its not a great situation to be in

ReputationRep:
    guy #1 had a thing with this girl for about two months when he acted like a complete ass with me. then he broke up with me cause he said we dont have a future, and he talked to her about this whole thing and not me. i dont know exactly what happened between them but there was something.

and i found emails from girls saying stuff like dont go, come back, i cant deal being without you etc. my issue with it all is, tell me instead of me finding out in ways like this or hearing it from other poeple. he will obv never tell me exactly whats happened with the girls.

what answer do you expect? this is a boring and self indulgent post, find the answer yourself!

ReputationRep:
    Alright for some, eh.

Seriously though, your decision. I don't know the guys personally, so who the hell am I to judge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow.sky)
    guy #1 had a thing with this girl for about two months when he acted like a complete ass with me. then he broke up with me cause he said we dont have a future, and he talked to her about this whole thing and not me. i dont know exactly what happened between them but there was something.

and i found emails from girls saying stuff like dont go, come back, i cant deal being without you etc. my issue with it all is, tell me instead of me finding out in ways like this or hearing it from other poeple. he will obv never tell me exactly whats happened with the girls.
    bit of a no brainer then, don't bother with this chap. It would be best to tell him to leave you alone. Still that doesn't automatically going off with guy #2 is the best idea.

ReputationRep:
    No. 3.

Either way no.1 sounds like your typical randy tosser (I should know, I was one once upon a time), whilst no.2, well no idea really, but you certainly shouldn't be dragging them both along.

ReputationRep:
    If you were guy #1 would you change? There are some things in life where you have to take risks.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion: Neither of them.
    This is a typical Player/Ex vs. Nice guy thing.

Both of them require female validation to be happy. Whether thats sexual or emotional.

A test would be to get a coin, make one of them heads, one of them tails. Before you flick the coin, would you really be happy with either option, unquestionably and unreservedly? If the answer is yes, do that and stick to that plan, without question, and cut the other guy out of your life absolutely and completely.

If you can't do that, then you shouldn't be with either of them. Basically.

Otherwise, theres too many people in the world. You should never get back with an ex because it didn't work out for a reason, and if guy 2 were the right guy then you wouldn't even be considering other options. Obviously he hasn't done anything to spark/stoke the fire.

Its better for all three of you in the long run to leave it and let everyone get on with finding a better option for themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Get with the guy who has the most money, it will set you up for life.

ReputationRep:
    I personally say neither! Sounds like from guy #1 you have some trust issues if you were readin his emails, Also sounds like hes a bit of a tosser tbh if hes been playing u around.
    If youve been with the first guy for 3 years id suggest having a break, just being single, having some 'me' time and just generally haning out with your girl mates esp as you dont seem at all sure how u feel about guy #2. Just explain you want to be friends and you dont want to rush into anything after your last relationship.
    ps. like ur screen name lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.