Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    About to invest in a thermogenic fat burner to ensure body fat is lost and not indeed muscle mass, as I've recently began working out intensely again and am doing a lot of cardio alongside this, but I have a few questions I have to address before doing so. Firstly, is it even worth it? Amidst all the hype surrounding it, it's hard to determine what's true and what's not- can anyone who knows tell me if it's even any good? If it is, then which one: Thermobol from Maximuscle, or Thermopure from myprotein.co.uk ?
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    bump.

ReputationRep:
    I've never used it, but personly I wouldn't buy the maximuscle product. In my experiance the Myprotein products are as good as maximuscle.

Have a look at the reveiws of thermopure on MP's website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steveo92)
    I've never used it, but personly I wouldn't buy the maximuscle product. In my experiance the Myprotein products are as good as maximuscle.

Have a look at the reveiws of thermopure on MP's website?
    the reviews seem to be advertising it, almost as if they're fake. But there are also many "it's ****, I didn't loose no weight man" comments but they appear to be the result of dumb, fat individuals who thought just taking the pill would dissipate their mounds of fat. So, I'm confused none the less.

ReputationRep:
    I think that too, only way really is to find out your self.

ReputationRep:
    when it tried them it did have some effect, I didn't feel as tired as normal and I did lose weight, but I think that the weight loss part was more to do with the diet than the pills

ReputationRep:
    Thermobol works for me. A box of 30 lasts 2 weeks (2 a day, not 3 like it states), and I'll happily lose 7lbs of fat in that time. It makes you feel as though you have loads of energy so your cardio sessions last longer (3x longer for me!) and surpresses your appetite. I don't do it for longer than 2 weeks at a time as I find I become tolerant to it, it's effects wear off and I start to feel tired when I don't take it. When that happens I go cold turkey and don't touch it again for a month or two, then start the next cycle. It's really helpful if you use it properley.

ReputationRep:
    Waste of money in my opinion.

slightly raises metabolic rate with caffeine and that kinda stuff, but you can easily get the same effects without it and therefore saving the 30 or so pounds.

As always, only way to lose weight is a calorie deficit, recommended between 500-1000 kcal deficit. 1000 causing you to lose 2 lbs a week, and 500 = 1 lb a week.

the only true way to do this is to eat in moderation, and count your calories.

7 lbs weight loss a week is unhealthy, and most likely consisted also of water weight and muscle weight. meaning next time you come to eat normally, you'll gain weight x times faster, and gain y more lbs over what you were before.

high intensity exercise coupled with a 1000 kcal deficit from your maintenance rate will get you 2 lbs off a week, healthily, and easily maintainable.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.