Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feeling so guilty, I feel physically sick....... Watch

anon or delete please.

Basically, I has a massive argument with my best friend last night and took my frustrations out on my family. (i didn't hit them or anything). The upshot of that was that I had to sleep rough last night (which has happened before).
    Anyway, I tried to patch things up with my friend by text and that worked but she got worried about me sleeping rough no matter how many times I assured her that I was safe. (I had looked around after the first time and found a church doorway in a quiet neighbourhood, hidden from view and at the top of some stairs, so it was dry, hidden and even if some drunk did find me, it would be easy to kick em down the stairs.)
    Now she lives at the opposite side of the country to me, and around 1am I got a text saying she was coming to get me and asking where I lived. (she knows what county I'm in, nothing more specific).
    I refused to tell her for 5 or 6 different reasons but the last contact I had from her was "Tell me or I'll drive around all night looking for you".
    I'm feeling really guilty now because not only is it going to cost her a bomb on petrol, put financial strain on her and her family (since it would take a couple of weeks to get a job and I can't access my bank account until I'm 25), upset her head injury (10 stitches in her head recently) but also that I made her worry so much.
    On top of that, Mums in a position where she can pay my way through uni but if I move out, I can kiss that goodbye. So going through Uni would be near impossible.
    I explained all this to her and begged her to go back home but I haven't heard anything from her.

Oh and I must have called her literally about 50 times but its always gone onto voice mail after ringing for a bit.
    Ive texted her saying that I'm home and safe but theres still no answer.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she's asleep? If she was out looking for you, I'd imagine she'd answer your phone - especially if you're at the opposite end of the country. However I know what you mean about the guilt making you feel sick. Don't feel guilty; even if she WAS out looking for you that's her choice, you assured her you're safe so I can't see much else you could have done.

ReputationRep:
    Try not to feel guilty - you did all you could.

(Original post by Sarafina)
    Maybe she's asleep? If she was out looking for you, I'd imagine she'd answer your phone - especially if you're at the opposite end of the country. However I know what you mean about the guilt making you feel sick. Don't feel guilty; even if she WAS out looking for you that's her choice, you assured her you're safe so I can't see much else you could have done.
    Problem is that shes the type of person that worries too much.
    The thoughts like shes asleep or that she is just too sensible to drive all that way when she doesn't know where I live have crossed my mind but I'm still worried.

ReputationRep:
    dont worry, shes probably just asleep.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Problem is that shes the type of person that worries too much.
    The thoughts like shes asleep or that she is just too sensible to drive all that way when she doesn't know where I live have crossed my mind but I'm still worried.
    She also said she was texting from her car and she was ready to go.

ReputationRep:
    Surely no one would drive ALL THAT WAY without knowing where you live? Just to show that they care?
    Seriously, this isn't your fault. DON'T FEEL GUILTY. If she's not answering her phone, then it's her own choice if she's chosen to go to the other end of the country.

Surely no one would drive ALL THAT WAY without knowing where you live? Just to show that they care?
    Seriously, this isn't your fault. DON'T FEEL GUILTY. If she's not answering her phone, then it's her own choice if she's chosen to go to the other end of the country.
    She is the kind of person who would do something like that. She cares too much.
    And it is my fault. If I had kept quiet, she wouldn't have gotten scared for me and wouldn't be doing this.

ReputationRep:
    Just heard from her.
    She spent all night driving around devon looking for me and hasn't had any sleep.

anon fail. meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by archlord destin)
    Just heard from her.
    She spent all night driving around devon looking for me and hasn't had any sleep.

anon fail. meh.
    Really?... she must be mad, that would be a lot of petrol money... (I'm from Devon too) But you're in Cornwall... so she was in the wrong county anyway? Why didn't she answer her phone or anything?
    Hope she's okay and that you've met up with her!

ReputationRep:
    Really?... she must be mad, that would be a lot of petrol money... (I'm from Devon too) But you're in Cornwall... so she was in the wrong county anyway? Why didn't she answer her phone or anything?
    Hope she's okay and that you've met up with her!
    Shes apparently driving back up to her place.
    We didn't meet up and I think shes angry but only because she didn't get any sleep.
    I'm not going to say that she got the wrong county or that she was a fool to come all that way for me, for obvious reasons.
    I'm gonna see if I can wire her the money for the petrol. ease my guilt a little.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    this seems quite crazy, do you want sympathy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by archlord destin)
    Just heard from her.

anon fail. meh.
    Why Devon??? You live in Cornwall!

Oh sorry, just read.
    Bless her.
    Go patch things up with your parents.

ReputationRep:
    Your best friend doesnt know specifically where you live? How did that situation arise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielle89)
    Your best friend doesnt know specifically where you live? How did that situation arise?
    Internet friend.
    Its pretty sad that shes my best friend but once I came to her because my mum was threatening to kick me out (she found out it was legal to just throw me out with nothing but the shirt on my back), just for some emotional support and she asked where I lived. I told her that I lived in cornwall (nothing more specific) and she said that if it happened, she would come and get me and that I could move in with her.

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'm sorta looking for ways to stop me feeling guilty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    anon or delete please.
    On top of that, Mums in a position where she can pay my way through uni but if I move out, I can kiss that goodbye. So going through Uni would be near impossible.
    For some reason this is the main bit of the thread i noticed.
    How about student loans?

ReputationRep:
    Am i the only one that thinks it weird your posting even though you said you had to sleep rough meaning your not home.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.