Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

Sorry, another Pupillage Portal related Q!

I will be applying for Pupillage commencing in 2011, so I obviously have quite a bit of time, but I'm interested in the PP process and trying to make sure I'm well prepared for when the time comes!

I am particularly interested in how people who have already applied found the "cross-over" or overlap between questions. Maybe it’s just me that finds it difficult, but for example I am unsure what counts as a "position of responsibility" and what would come under "details of your interests and any non-work related involvement".

With regards to the latter category, am I correct in taking "non-work" to mean "unpaid" as opposed to "non-academic" (i.e. you could include work for CAB, voluntary work in legal depts etc.) I'm planning to use positions of responsibility section to talk about student societies etc., and work I did before going to Uni, so it can't really go there.

Anyway, apologies for the stream of consciousness - would be interested to know your thoughts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poppy_Red)
    Hi all!

Sorry, another Pupillage Portal related Q!

I will be applying for Pupillage commencing in 2011, so I obviously have quite a bit of time, but I'm interested in the PP process and trying to make sure I'm well prepared for when the time comes!

I am particularly interested in how people who have already applied found the "cross-over" or overlap between questions. Maybe it’s just me that finds it difficult, but for example I am unsure what counts as a "position of responsibility" and what would come under "details of your interests and any non-work related involvement".

With regards to the latter category, am I correct in taking "non-work" to mean "unpaid" as opposed to "non-academic" (i.e. you could include work for CAB, voluntary work in legal depts etc.) I'm planning to use positions of responsibility section to talk about student societies etc., and work I did before going to Uni, so it can't really go there.

Anyway, apologies for the stream of consciousness - would be interested to know your thoughts

I wouldn't worry about it for now. You may find the form changes before next year. Just concentrate on your results and extra carrics fo now.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, given the horrors that were the PP system this year, it looks like it'll undergo another complete overhaul (if we're lucky!!)... There'll be plenty of time for us to fret about it soon (particularly if you're applying early, so in the next session!)...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.