Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

right for a research project at school I'm looking at how different musics (beats per minute) affects heart-rate. I was hoping all you music lovers could help me out here. Here's what you can do to help me out. I'd appriciate it if you can help I need as many people as I can get. You can do it over a few days as well (it'll take about 70 minutes). But I honestly need people to help me out here!

1. relax for 5 minutes and then check your pulse and write down youre heart rate for 1 minute (10 seconds and then times the number of heart beats by 6).
    2.Listen to ''Meant To Live'' by Switchfoot, listen for 2 minutes and immediately check your pulse and write down youre heart rate for 1 minute.
    3. repeat step 1 and then move onto step 2 but this time listen to ''Running Away'' by Midnight Hour.
    4. Repeat steps one and two until you get through these 10 songs (the ones above inclueded): ''this is your life'' by Switchfoot, ''Just Dance'' by Lady GaGa, ''Always Know Where You Are'' by BBMak, ''Tonight I Wanna Cry'' by Keith Urban, ''Taking over me'' by Evanescence, ''More Than Useles'' by Relient K, ''The Middle'' by Jimmy Eat World, ''The Memory Will Never Die'' by Default

When you get through those songs could you fill in this table:

resting pulse:
    Song 1 name:
    pulse after song:

wait 5 min relax:
    Song 2 name:
    pulse after song:

wait 5 min relax:
    Song 3 name:
    pulse after song:

wait 5 min relax:
    Song 4 name:
    pulse after song:

wait 5 min relax:
    Song 5 name:
    pulse after song:

wait 5 min relax:
    Song 6 name:
    pulse after song:

wait 5 min relax:
    Song 7 name:
    pulse after song:

wait 5 min relax:
    Song 8 name:
    pulse after song:

wait 5 min relax:
    Song 9 name:
    pulse after song:

wait 5 min relax:
    Song 10 name:
    pulse after song:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.