Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am going to be starting my A-levels this September and I have been looking for a job for ages. I sent many copies of my CV and covering letters do different stores in my town.

Is this the best option? How did any of you get jobs?

ReputationRep:
    Go into the shops and hand CVs in, if you phone or just send them it looks like you really cant be arsed to look for a job and couldnt be bothered to come in the store yourself which doesnt bode well. of course it works in some cases but you have a better chance by going in. also atm there wont be many jobs about due to the recession but come september those going to uni will leave and the shops will need to find new staff so thats a good time to look (is when i found my job, i handed in cvs) although beware in the current climate a lot of people will be applying for every job.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.