The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
AshleyT
Yes and i am fully aware if you read my other posts i have stressed this point that all Aspergers are not the same.

But then i guess he may be bad at maths but excels in other areas?

My brother at 5 years old could probably name over 100 dinosaurs, where they lived, the period they lived in, their heights, how to identify them etc. He impressed other paleontologists whom had been doing it for years!
And every person i know with aspergers is along similar lines.

But it does sounds like your brother is more autism then AS....

Well, he is most restricted and defined by his Moderate Learning Difficulties than the Autism / Aspergers, and as he is also dyslexic and dyspraxic, he does not have a great deal in his favour. Certainly none of those islets of ability that people seem to expect. Yet he is not unemployable, and we believe that he could learn to do a job (within limits), if only someone would give him the chance.
If we found an employer willing to take him on with all his problems we would jump at it. But it seems unlikely in the current employment market.
Reply 61
Lizj
Well, he is most restricted and defined by his Moderate Learning Difficulties than the Autism / Aspergers, and as he is also dyslexic and dyspraxic, he does not have a great deal in his favour. Certainly none of those islets of ability that people seem to expect. Yet he is not unemployable, and we believe that he could learn to do a job (within limits), if only someone would give him the chance.
If we found an employer willing to take him on with all his problems we would jump at it. But it seems unlikely in the current employment market.

I don't doubt he is employable :smile:. Hopefully it all works out for him :smile:.

Latest