Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    skin, hair, nails ect

ReputationRep:
    Drink lots of water! I'm not one for drinking lots of water (even though I know I should) but it's very good for healthy skin and makes you feel better all round.

Every week i dampen my hair and cover it in conditioner and leave it for about 2 hours or so till its dry then wash it off. It doesnt make your hair greasy (many people think conditioning does and therefore don't use it then wonder why their hair is in bad condition) aslong as you wash your conditioner out well it doesnt make your hair greasy.

A good condition once a week makes my hair very soft and shiny. I also condition after every wash but to stop it making my hair greasy i put a really small bit of shampoo in my hand, wet it and run my fingers through my hair then wash out. It just gets rit of the excess conditioner.

Put a bit of lemon juice in your shampoo for really shiny hair. It also disolves dead skin cells (so the woman on TV told me) leaving a fresh scalp.

I can't comment on nails as i bite them but there are nail files you can get that have 4 stages that get rid of the ridges in your nails and you file the whole nail and it makes them very soft and shiny (sort of like when you put clear varnish on.) Drinking water is supposed to give you stronger nails too.

Don't over wash your face if you suffer from greasy skin, this causes the skin to produce MORE oils to replace the good ones your are washing away.

Thats all i can think of for now

ReputationRep:
    For face my tip would be to moisturise in the morning and before you go to bed, but i'm not sure if that's already a given. I know loads of people that don't... But mum has done it (day and night) since she was 15....she's much older than that now and people think she's in her 30s because her skin is so good.

ReputationRep:
    Another anti-ageing one - wear sunscreen every day, even in the winter.
    Also, don't forget your hands and neck when moisturising - it's how you can really tell a woman's age (I am always really bad at remembering to do this :o: ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelil)
    Another anti-ageing one - wear sunscreen every day, even in the winter.
    I've tried doing this a couple of times, but it gives me terrible spots. Even the ones which are supposedly made for the face After using it for a few consecutive days I get loads of awful big red lumps which sometimes stick around for months. Quite a large bummer since I'm ridiculously pale.

ReputationRep:
    Learn to squat, gives guys muscles and makes girls 'toned'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_red_sox)
    I've tried doing this a couple of times, but it gives me terrible spots. Even the ones which are supposedly made for the face After using it for a few consecutive days I get loads of awful big red lumps which sometimes stick around for months. Quite a large bummer since I'm ridiculously pale.
    That's a pain Have never had that problem. Have you tried using Vichy/La Roche Posay products on your face? Sephora also do a nice sunscreen for face, and you can get mineral sunscreens too.

ReputationRep:
    Wash out conditioner with cold water when you shower

ReputationRep:
    sleep and enough of it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.