The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nick1sHere
You trying to stereotype all maccys employees ? We're not all chavvy school drop outs

Hey, Nick1sHere, I've got an interview for maccies on the 11th, got any interview advice for me? Anything much appreciated, tah.
Original post by Garnettoi
Hey, Nick1sHere, I've got an interview for maccies on the 11th, got any interview advice for me? Anything much appreciated, tah.

Well it was quite a while ago that I worked for them, I own my own business now lmao. But anyway, I think the main thing they want to see is that you are going to work hard but they also look for people who they think are going to stay with the company for a decent amount of time.

They don't want to waste time and money training someone new only for them to go and leave 4-6 months down the road. As for the interview itself, I can barely remember what I was asked as this is going back years, I vaguely recall being asked the general questions such as give an example of a time you worked as a team/ a time you came across a problem and how you resolved it.

It is true that staff turnover at McDonalds tends to be quiet high and the majority of their workforce is made up of young people such as school/college/uni students, so they're not looking for incredible answers. I remember the manager of the store I worked at told me that the questions were more of a formality than anything else, McDonalds seems the type of place that if you manage to get an interview you're 90% of the way there as long as you don't make a complete fool of yourself at the interview.

Again I'd be happy to answer any other questions in more detail if there is something specific you would like to know.

Latest

Trending

Trending