Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to worry about all this money malarky for uni.

My financial situation :
    STUDENT FINANCE
    I should be able to get the max loans and grants , as my dad can't work anymore because of a medical situation, so yay.
    BURSARIES
    I think I'm eligible for a £1436 grant from my Uni
    I got a form to get another £1000 bursary
    Also I might be eligible for another £700 bursary
    SAVINGS
    Well.. I err was given control of my savings account that had about a grand and a half and I er.. kinda spent it all, and now I'm living in my overdraft :o: I had a very nice holiday though Bad thing is, is that my mum thinks I've still got it all left. Trouble brewing head right there...
    JOB
    I've got a job at Sainsburys which pays £280 a month, is this sufficient? I'm hoping to be able to transfer to the store where my uni is, I'm pretty screwed if I can't :/
    PARENTS AND FAMILY
    They won't be able to help me out at all due to the almost demolishment of income, so if I ever get in a sticky situation I'm screwed.

Do you think this is enough for Uni? Or am I screwed...

ReputationRep:
    You have plenty by the looks of things. Stop spending now though and try to get out of your overdraft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiamondsAreForever)
    I'm starting to worry about all this money malarky for uni.

My financial situation :
    STUDENT FINANCE
    I should be able to get the max loans and grants , as my dad can't work anymore because of a medical situation, so yay.
    BURSARIES
    I think I'm eligible for a £1436 grant from my Uni
    I got a form to get another £1000 bursary
    Also I might be eligible for another £700 bursary
    SAVINGS
    Well.. I err was given control of my savings account that had about a grand and a half and I er.. kinda spent it all, and now I'm living in my overdraft :o: I had a very nice holiday though Bad thing is, is that my mum thinks I've still got it all left. Trouble brewing head right there...
    JOB
    I've got a job at Sainsburys which pays £280 a month, is this sufficient? I'm hoping to be able to transfer to the store where my uni is, I'm pretty screwed if I can't :/
    PARENTS AND FAMILY
    They won't be able to help me out at all due to the almost demolishment of income, so if I ever get in a sticky situation I'm screwed.

Do you think this is enough for Uni? Or am I screwed...
    You're going to have far more than the majority of people.

I get the full loan and maintenance grant and the standard University of York bursary and I get along just fine on those.

What are these extra bursaries you think you can get? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kexy)
    You're going to have far more than the majority of people.

I get the full loan and maintenance grant and the standard University of York bursary and I get along just fine on those.

What are these extra bursaries you think you can get? :holmes:

Haha , looking out for some extra money ay *pulls out a load of York papers* the grand one , is if you receive the full amount of everything , and were from a school in the Yorkshire area and a load of other menial criteria.
    I noticed that you do Maths, and I dont know if you could still get it but theres a Annie Curry William Scholarship where you could get 2 grand, if your parents income is below 25 grand, and you are doing maths.
    Then theres the York Annual Fund Entrance Bursaries, which is what I was on about, ... 35 bursaries available for 700 quid each, if your income is below 21 grand , students from yorkshire, and whatnot.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you have more than most students I know.

ReputationRep:
    As long as you don't go crazy and, y'know, buy a car or something with your loans, you should be alright.

ReputationRep:
    You have pretty much the maximum amount it is possible to have! Why would that not be enough?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    As long as you don't go crazy and, y'know, buy a car or something with your loans, you should be alright.
    Actually... I was thinking of getting driving lessons so I could drive home instead of spending loads on train fares :o: I've already got a car sitting in the drive , so wouldn't have that to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    You've got an absolute bundle you greedy ******. Annoys me when people waste all their own money and then get awarded bursaries -.-

ReputationRep:
    Haha , looking out for some extra money ay *pulls out a load of York papers* the grand one , is if you receive the full amount of everything , and were from a school in the Yorkshire area and a load of other menial criteria.
    I noticed that you do Maths, and I dont know if you could still get it but theres a Annie Curry William Scholarship where you could get 2 grand, if your parents income is below 25 grand, and you are doing maths.
    Then theres the York Annual Fund Entrance Bursaries, which is what I was on about, ... 35 bursaries available for 700 quid each, if your income is below 21 grand , students from yorkshire, and whatnot.
    Oh lordy.

Can you tell me what the first one is called?

ReputationRep:
    Actually... I was thinking of getting driving lessons so I could drive home instead of spending loads on train fares :o: I've already got a car sitting in the drive , so wouldn't have that to worry about.
    You have a car but can't drive? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    I did that. It gets your insurance premiums down for when you actually NEED a car. It's pretty much the only way of doing it if you don't have someone else's insurance to go on as a named driver. Ended up making a big loss on the car, though, because I ran out of cash for lessons. Will still be worth it though, because the two years of no-claim discounts will bring the premiums down significantly when I need a car upon graduation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    My dad said I could have his car since he isn't allowed to drive or work anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kexy)
    Oh lordy.

Can you tell me what the first one is called?
    It is called....... ''The Vice Chancellor's Diversity Award Scheme''. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elementric)
    You've got an absolute bundle you greedy ******. Annoys me when people waste all their own money and then get awarded bursaries -.-
    This off topic, I know - but the picture in your signature, is it your own work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kexy)
    This off topic, I know - but the picture in your signature, is it your own work?
    Unfortunately not
    I found it on deviantart (see watermark). The artist (cartoongirl7) is awesome, it's completely drawn with pens.. see:

http://cartoongirl7.deviantart.com/a...e-On-121989769
    http://cartoongirl7.deviantart.com/a...E-ON-120602289
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    You'll be fine! It's a bit worrying that your mum thinks you still have your savings, though... What did you spend it on?! :tongue: I'd get out of your overdraft now though in case you need it for uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    You'll be fine! It's a bit worrying that your mum thinks you still have your savings, though... What did you spend it on?! :tongue: I'd get out of your overdraft now though in case you need it for uni.
    I'm only like ...100 quid into my overdraft. With my savings well... it all got transferred into my main account and i just saw the four figures.. and got too excited, and booked a holiday with my boyfriend, and my mum knew some of it was going towards that, but I dont think she knows just how much that holiday cost :/ new passport.... insurance.. visa's... spending money...two weeks in the caribbean :o:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.