Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/8155350.stm

The Neturei Karta believe Israel can only be established by the Messiah

Four members of a group of ultra-Orthodox Jews opposed to the existence of Israel have visited Hamas in Gaza.

The men, clad in the traditional ultra-Orthodox garb of black hats and coats and with long side-curls in their hair, met Hamas leader Ismail Haniya.

The Neturei Karta believe that a Jewish state can only be established by the Messiah and thus denounce Israel as heretic and embrace its enemies.
    Mr Haniya welcomed them, saying Hamas rejects Zionist ideology, not Jews.

"We feel your suffering, we cry your cry," the Associated Press quoted Rabbi Yisroel Weiss as saying.

"It is your land, it is occupied, illegitimately and unjustly by people who stole it, kidnapped the name of Judaism and our identity."

The representatives entered Gaza, which is under a strict Israeli embargo, with a convoy of activists who travelled through Egypt.

'Heroes'

Neturei Karta, Aramaic for "Guardians of the City" was founded some 70 years ago in Jerusalem.

Estimates of the group's size range from a few hundred to a few thousand - some in Israel, others in the UK and US.

Members have praised Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad for saying Israel should be erased from the pages of history - sometimes translated as "wiped off the map".

They have also attended a Holocaust denial conference in Tehran
    and held a prayer vigil for the late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat as he lay on his death bed.

Mr Haniya described the men as "heroes", according to Palestinian media reports.

"Our problem is with the occupation, that stems from the Zionist ideology and its desire to disperse all the Palestinians," he said.

"Those religious figures that express their objection to the siege, the aggression and the crimes - we can't help but respect them and for their beliefs and their culture."

Israel and most Western countries regard Hamas as a terrorist group and refuse to deal directly with it.

The movement is sworn to the destruction of Israel in its charter and backs attacks on Israeli civilians, although has offered a long-term ceasefire in exchange for a Palestinian state on the full territory of the West Bank and Gaza.
    These guys have to be the dumbest and most ****** up jews in the whole world :rofl:

Fair enough they think Israel should be established by some messiah but to go this far in supporting your enemy is madness. Israel should not recognise them as Jews purely on the basis they deny the holocaust and are effectively enemies of the state.

That's religion for you.

ReputationRep:
    Israel should not recognise them as Jews purely on the basis they deny the holocaust and are effectively enemies of the state.
    Israel has no say or control over who is or is not Jewish.

Anyway, I'm assuming they're not Israeli Jews...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Israel has no say or control over who is or is not Jewish.

Anyway, I'm assuming they're not Israeli Jews...?
    Some are Israeli jews.

Denial of the holocaust is a crime in Austria and Germany, I think Israel should adopt a similar stance if it hasn't already.

Idiots like this cause alot of tension and don't help the situation. Their activities should be treated as criminal and who knows they wouldn't hesitate to commit treason.

ReputationRep:
    "But Jews like Humus and you Israels like Humus. Surely Pitta Bread is the enemy, nicht?" :rofl:

(Original post by Neo Con)
    Denial of the holocaust is a crime in Austria and Germany, I think Israel should adopt a similar stance if it hasn't already.
    For someone with a US flag, that is a rather blase approach to free speech.

ReputationRep:
    Those guys are a bunch of crazies... and no they are not Israeli since they deny Israeli citizenship but still see fit to live in Jerusalem. No citizenship no home if you ask me. Makes me really appreciate the Israeli Arabs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economic Historian 1)
    "But Jews like Humus and you Israels like Humus. Surely Pitta Bread is the enemy, nicht?" :rofl:
    Bruno was hilarious. So funny when "my heart will go on" was playing at the end.

ReputationRep:
    Bruno was hilarious. So funny when "my heart will go on" was playing at the end.
    :rofl: yeah, damn funny! Although some parts were a little disturbing and over-camp!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolya)
    For someone with a US flag, that is a rather blase approach to free speech.
    Freedom to speech cannot be used as a cover to deny history and cause pain to millions of your citizens. They are effectively inciting hatred.

It's similar to people who deny 9/11 or those extreme "british" muslim preachers that were hurling abuse at british troops arriving in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: yeah, damn funny! Although some parts were a little disturbing and over-camp!
    you mean how he treated little oj :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    you mean how he treated little oj :rofl:
    :rofl: nah that was jokesss ahahah. I'm referring to the part where he whips his ******* **** out and swings it around etc lmao!

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: nah that was jokesss ahahah. I'm referring to the part where he whips his ******* **** out and swings it around etc lmao!
    that was some disgusting crap, most people felt sick

ReputationRep:
    that was some disgusting crap, most people felt sick
    yeah i looked away. he goes too far sometimes. Especially considering the a lot of the audience was obv. going to be male.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i looked away. he goes too far sometimes. Especially considering the a lot of the audience was obv. going to be male.
    lol the movie was too random and no real plot. he just went OTT.

ReputationRep:
    lol the movie was too random and no real plot. he just went OTT.
    Yeah, he's too concerned with being an idiot, rather than making a 'good' movie, or to continually make his audiences laugh as I'm sure he initially set out to do.

Freedom to speech cannot be used as a cover to deny history and cause pain to millions of your citizens. They are effectively inciting hatred.

It's similar to people who deny 9/11 or those extreme "british" muslim preachers that were hurling abuse at british troops arriving in the UK.
    Well, actually it can be used "as a cover to deny history". None of the events you mention are illegal in the US or the UK. Are you suggesting that the First Amendment should be repealed, or that it should remain but it is wrong for Israel to grant similar righs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolya)
    Well, actually it can be used "as a cover to deny history". None of the events you mention are illegal in the US or the UK. Are you suggesting that the First Amendment should be repealed, or that it should remain but it is wrong for Israel to grant similar righs?
    Course it isn't illegal, but can't say I agree with it. I think there has to be some form of control especially when famalies of the victims are being exposed to such nonsense as is the case of 9/11. I remember reading a while back someone was asked to leave the bar after saying he was a member of a group that denies 9/11.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolya)
    Inciting to hatred however, is.

ReputationRep:
    Do these guys actually deny the holocaust or have they just attended a conference about it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.