Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Why are they visiting Hammas? Surely pitta bread is the real enemy?

ReputationRep:
    Good news although nothing new. I knew all along it's only the Zionists that are troublemakers.

It'd been funny if it wouldn't have been so sad that so many self-confessed western freedom of speech lovers are advocating a ban or curb on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maths-enthusiast)
    Good news although nothing new. I knew all along it's only the Zionists that are troublemakers.

It'd been funny if it wouldn't have been so sad that so many self-confessed western freedom of speech lovers are advocating a ban or curb on it.
    إلهة يفكّر أنّ أنت ديك منذ أنت محامية يقتل مدنيّ بريئة ويساند إرهابية تنظيمات

Just telling him what he is.

ReputationRep:
    So rather sounds quite silly to label them as Anti-Semtic?

ReputationRep:
    These people are complete idiots.

So hypocritical to say Israel should be destroyed and how it doesn't belong to the Jews, yet they still choose to live there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harris)
    These people are complete idiots.

So hypocritical to say Israel should be destroyed and how it doesn't belong to the Jews, yet they still choose to live there...
    Thankfully their numbers are pretty low. I am sure they will continued to be used as propaganda by Iran and Hamas for years to come.

ReputationRep:
    Taken from when the Neturei Karta went to Tehran

Response from other Haredim ('Ultra' Orthodox)

Both the anti-Zionist Edah HaChareidis,[16] and Satmar,[17] have condemned him and the other Haredim who went to Tehran. Shmuel Poppenheim, editor of Ha'edah, the newsletter of the Edah HaChareidis, stated that "That tiny group of weirdos is liable to incite hatred against haredim."[16] He continued that "[t]hose people's distorted anti-Zionist zealotry, which is sanctified in their eyes above and beyond the opinion of our Torah sages, brought them to that conference…the very fact that they participated gave Ahmadinejad the justification to say: 'Look, the haredim feel the same way we do about the Holocaust.""[16] Poppenheim estimated that maybe there were 10 extremists in Israel, and a couple of dozen worldwide, who supported participating in the Holocaust conference.[16]

The Satmar movement published an official denunciation of "fanaticism, and those committing insane acts to walk hand in hand with the Arabs".[17] This described conference participants as "attend[ing] a special conference of the nations of the world that despise [the people of] Israel (may the names of the evil rot), deny the Holocaust, and deny and belittle the immensity of the evil and murder of those killed for sanctifying the Lord; they desecrated the name of the heavens."[17]
    So even the main Haredi Anti Zionist groups, distance themselves from the Neturei Karta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Do these guys actually deny the holocaust or have they just attended a conference about it?
    They attended a conference. If you ask me, they seem to see evidence of both for and against the holocaust... my laptop smells like it's burning now, not sure why.

Back to topic. Why do they oppose Isreal?

They oppose political zionism. i'm going to have to go now to sort out the burning problem becuase I don't know what the hell it is :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04nunhucks)
    They attended a conference. If you ask me, they seem to see evidence of both for and against the holocaust... my laptop smells like it's burning now, not sure why.

Back to topic. Why do they oppose Isreal?

They oppose political zionism. i'm going to have to go now to sort out the burning problem becuase I don't know what the hell it is :/
    Actually they oppose religious zionism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    Actually they oppose religious zionism.
    Not from my viewpoint, their active paripatory indicates against the political factions and groups.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04nunhucks)
    Not from my viewpoint, their active paripatory indicates against the political factions and groups.
    They are crazies. Essentially their religious beliefs are based upon hating Israel. Gives them a lot in common with Hamas.

ReputationRep:
    Surely the real question should be 'Why is this in the news?' These guys are obviously crazy and in a huge minority - and yet the BBC is almost twisting the visit into some sort of Jews for Hamas thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    إلهة يفكّر أنّ أنت ديك منذ أنت محامية يقتل مدنيّ بريئة ويساند إرهابية تنظيمات

Just telling him what he is.
    What did you say there? Doesn't make any sense to me.

ReputationRep:
    This sect believe that only Israel can be created by the Messiah thus they sympathise with Hamas. I, for one beleive that it is Palestinan land and that fact will never be forgotten.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.