Turn on thread page Beta

should i go to docs bout this? watch

Now im worried bout going to the docs for this but ive got alot of lower abdominal pain - goes to my back as more of an achy pain. Only happens a week or so after my period and its crippling me - its been happening for the last few months and usually a couple of painkillers works but not now it seems.

Ive woke up this morning with a high temperature and im feeling all dizzy and sweating.

Is it worth going to see the doc about this or would i be wasting their time?

ReputationRep:
    I'd go and see them.

ReputationRep:
    Pain during/before your period is probably normal, but sweating and feeling particularly dizzy isn't. Wait one day to see if it's temporary. If it's persistent, go to the doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Ide go, if its happened several times over a number of months its obviously not going away.
    You wont be wasting their time.

ReputationRep:
    There are so manythings it could be!
    I would see the doc, it could be toxic shock, POCS, Period Pains, Cysts or just an infecton! go to the docs!

ReputationRep:
    Dizzy? Maybe you're lacking in iron due to your period?
    Look up iron deficiency anaemia.
    I'd go visit the Doctor
    x

im terrifyed of going to the docs. Im scared im wasting their time and someone else who needs the appointment more than me. Im one of these people who wont go unless i absolutely have to. Im in agony, i think i can just about walk.

no im not actually on my period its a weekish after.

ReputationRep:
    Doctors are here to help. They didn't become doctors for the fun of it, you won't be wasting their time.

ReputationRep:
    go to the GP its what they are there for!

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    just go already

ReputationRep:
    what've you got to loose not going?

ReputationRep:
    No, an internet thread will be suffice.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the doctors, it's what they are there for.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, a lot of people see a doctor over far more trivial things and this doesn't sound trivial to me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.