Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simon12345)
    It will hinder your chances yes, but not make it impossible. You could make sure that your college do not cache in your grades so that you do not have to enter them on your UCAS form (although if this is what you decide to do then apply to Oxford as Cambridge will require you to enter all your module grades in their questionnaire thing they send out). This way they will only see your predicted grades.

Remember it's only Oxbridge that is making A*AA grades for next year. The majority of the elite will stay as AAA. If your teachers are going to predict you something like A*A*A then I'd imagine they'd certainly see that you have the potential to meet an AAA offer, regardless of AS grades. If you do go onto get A*A*A or A*A*A* (or A*AA/AAA for that matter) but do not have a place at a top law school then you should take a gap year and re-apply once you have your grades.

But you should not think about any of this until you know your grades. Results day can bring many surprises.
    I don't wish to put you on the spot or anything but if you were me I would like to know where you would apply.

ReputationRep:
    aslo this maybe considered a bit out of the blue, but if I was to carry out a masters related to law at oxford would this be an advantage to me in obtaining a pupilage or just a waste of time and money?

ReputationRep:
    apply for LSE as it doesn't need LNAT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sashaxxx123)
    apply for LSE as it doesn't need LNAT
    Whats so bad about LNAT I have heard it really isn't as bad as everyone makes out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beatleboar)
    I don't wish to put you on the spot or anything but if you were me I would like to know where you would apply.
    Personally I'd apply to one of the universities in the top group, three from the second and one from the third. Research the universities, course content, etc and see which ones you prefer. If you somehow get five rejections then take a gap year and re-apply once you have your grades (loads of people do this).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by python38)
    My A-levels were in Maths, Further Maths, and Physics. However, because I'm homeschooled, I never took my GCSEs. I already have Cambridge on my list and possibly Warwick - which others should I pick? And which would be a good "safety" university?

I'm looking for a place that not only is good for law, but also with good financial aid (if possible), and preferably where socializing doesn't revolve around drinking/clubbing.

I'd really appreciate some suggestions. Thanks.

P.S. I read on this forum that one can apply to two courses at one university - is that true? I'm quite interested in Business Studies/Management as well...

P.S.S. Do I have to take any admissions tests besides the Cambridge Law Test?

Just a small point, but you dont have an essay subject in there, that's the first negative that any uni will see from those qualifications, even though they are probably the most solid A levels possible. Try adressing this in your personal statement or better yet (as Cambridge apparently do not look at the statement) check out some essay writing competitions from various unis, particularly from Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beatleboar)
    aslo this maybe considered a bit out of the blue, but if I was to carry out a masters related to law at oxford would this be an advantage to me in obtaining a pupilage or just a waste of time and money?
    Probably a waste of money. Its crucial to get excellent marks on your undergrad degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacketpotato)
    Probably a waste of money. Its crucial to get excellent marks on your undergrad degree.
    I would only consider it however if I had got a first so I think it would be a good string to add to my bow to be honest. Like a first at cambridge then a masters at oxford that just sounds amazing.

ReputationRep:
    all very stressful if you ask me haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simon12345)
    Remember it's only Oxbridge that is making A*AA grades for next year. The majority of the elite will stay as AAA.
    Oxford isn't. Cambridge is the only AAA university changing.

ReputationRep:
    LSE, UCL, Warwick and KCL. Be aware that some universities require the LNAT to be taken.

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge
    Oxford
    London School of Economics
    Nottingham
    King's College London
    Birmingham
    Aberdeen
    Queen Mary
    Durham
    Edinburgh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.