Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When do you think the recession will end? For people entering unis in 2009, will the current recession trend be a problem for getting jobs after graduation in 2012/2013?

ReputationRep:
    Tonight, at midnight.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I forcasting early 2010 that we see some growth.

ReputationRep:
    When Hell freezes over.

ReputationRep:
    I think it'll take a while, especially for graduates to find a job.

We have all these unemployed, but experienced people, so once jobs open up the experienced people will probably be chosen over the graduates to be honest.. I think it'll be like this for a few years.

ReputationRep:
    I think the recession may officially end earlier than some might think. But growth will be so tepid that you'll hardly notice anyway. And it'll be that way for years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    Tonight, at midnight.
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    When Hell freezes over.
    Serious replies please. This ain't fun for many people.

ReputationRep:
    There was some crazy prediction that the recession would be over by around Christmas but unemployment will remain high until at least next summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neodymium)
    Serious replies please. This ain't fun for many people.
    How can you expect serious responses with such a ridiculous question? Do you really anticipate that someone on TSR can give you the exact date to when the recession will be over?

Sorry, tad harsh, but hey Google is your friend as well.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know when it will officially end but it's going to be a hard job market for ages to come, maybe years.

ReputationRep:
    A long time from now. Hence my going back into education cos I'm not succeeding on the job front right now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.