Job seekers allowance & clearance to uni Watch

Alastair904
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I've just finished my A levels and have made no applications to uni's, so i'm eligible for job seekers allowance as i'm currently unemployed. If I were to get clearance to uni at the end of August, would I have to pay back all the job seekers allowance money between now and then?
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
As far as I understand, if you are eligible (and actively searching for a job) then you shouldn't need to pay the money back. After all, you're paid it because you're unemployed. The same if you were out of work but then returned to work within two months. You wouldn't pay that JSA back. All you'll do is just inform them that you're starting full time education and sign off.

However, the issue is whether or not you'll be able to enter clearing and are actually eligible for JSA. So you didn't apply in the first place (you're not in this UCAS application cycle).

My advice would be to complete the online application/phone and then discuss it with an adviser when you have an interview.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (1120)
90.25%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (121)
9.75%

Watched Threads