Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are nose studs (not rings) attractive? Watch

• View Poll Results: Are nose studs attractive?
    Yes
    32.74%
    No
    67.26%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollee)
    No, with the exception of Donna from Neighbours.
    Nah, she'd still look fitter without....

ReputationRep:
    i think piercings/tattoos on "exotic" looking women yet on normal white, plain, not particularly striking girls it just looks cheap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir_Vile_Minds)
    Being a fan of piercings and having ...some of my own I'd be a hypocrite to say no.
    :ditto:
    Which do you have?

However nose piercings are not my all time favourite but I think they look nice on the right kind of people. But I find them more of a cultural symbol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    Have you met everyone with a nose stud? :holmes:
    Ok not literally, but i've never seen anyone with one who looks good, and i've seen a few. Ruin a perfectly good face imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    Ok not literally, but i've never seen anyone with one who looks good, and i've seen a few. Ruin a perfectly good face imo.
    I've seen a few and I hate facial piercings. Thankfully, they're not as awful as septum piercings. I've seen them make hot girls ugly.

on some people they are and on some they aren't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malleablegrace)
    I'm really surprised how many of you don't like it :dontknow:
    I agree on the wrong person it can look awful, but on someone like this I think it looks really nice:

Spoiler:
    Show

only because she looks really nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    I've seen a few and I hate facial piercings. Thankfully, they're not as awful as septum piercings. I've seen them make hot girls ugly.
    Oh my goshhhhh why do people get those. They remind me of pigs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    :ditto:
    Which do you have?

However nose piercings are not my all time favourite but I think they look nice on the right kind of people. But I find them more of a cultural symbol.
    I have my lobes stretched (they were 12mm but I downsized), both sides of my lip (with spikes), a scaffold and septum. Just retired a nostril cos it was annoying me. Might get it done again though.

I don't get my piercings for the aesthetic aspect though, I get them because they make me feel good and it's an interest just like people getting tattoos or buying a new item of clothing.

Even though piercings are a lot more popular than they were 10 years ago it still annoys me that people are still so narrow minded about them.

As you can tell, I look into things but deeper than their sugar-coated top layer.

ReputationRep:
    I get them because they make me feel good.

As you can tell, I look into things but deeper than their sugar-coated top layer.
    That's also the reason I get mine, personal reasons not the way they look.

I'm planning to get more when I actually go to university. I have less now and only one body piercing because it's all I can have whilst in sixth form. I have my tongue, tragus, scaffold, lobes and I love the look of a nape but I doubt mine would ever stay in perm. Used to have stretched lobes too. I also want a few others done but that will have to wait! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    That's also the reason I get mine, personal reasons not the way they look.

I'm planning to get more when I actually go to university. I have less now and only one body piercing because it's all I can have whilst in sixth form. I have my tongue, tragus, scaffold, lobes and I love the look of a nape but I doubt mine would ever stay in perm. Used to have stretched lobes too. I also want a few others done but that will have to wait! :p:
    I have many more planned me thinks. Gonna get my nostril redone sometime, another scaffold on the same ear so it crosses over, venoms (2 x tongue on the side), labret, restretch my lobes and one or 2 "adult" ones :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have one and i <3 it

ReputationRep:
    I really didn't think people thought THAT much about them tbh. I've had my nose pierced since I was 12, so it's not something I tend to think about or notice - it's just there. lol.

But yeah interesting.. didn't know how vehemently against them some people were/are!

ReputationRep:
    I have many more planned me thinks. Gonna get my nostril redone sometime, another scaffold on the same ear so it crosses over, venoms (2 x tongue on the side), labret, restretch my lobes and one or 2 "adult" ones :p:
    Yeh, I feel like the only girl that likes the 'adult ones'... :ninja:
    Fat chance of me ever meeting someone with one, haha!
    And venoms :drool:

ReputationRep:
    I think nose piercings with a coloured jewel look really nice on Indian-Asian women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    Yeh, I feel like the only girl that likes the 'adult ones'... :ninja:
    Fat chance of me ever meeting someone with one, haha!
    And venoms :drool:
    Any chance you're going to Chelmsford College or Chelmo Anglia Ruskin? :p:

You'll get to see my venoms too.

ReputationRep:
    Any chance you're going to Chelmsford College or Chelmo Anglia Ruskin? :p:

You'll get to see my venoms too.
    :rofl: Nah but I'm in london. :p: When are you getting all of them done?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    :rofl: Nah but I'm in london. :p: When are you getting all of them done?
    Still close enough to make a visit to my needle factory :woo:

I generally wait 3 to 6 months between each jab so another coupla months and I'll be getting the labret done.

ReputationRep:
    Still close enough to make a visit to my needle factory :woo:
    Do you work in a piercing/tattoo studio ?:eek:

ReputationRep:
    instant put off if i saw a girl with one

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.