Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just to even things up a bit - I'm in my late twenties, have 4 kids aged 6 and under, a 2:1 from Sheffield University a good (ish) job and am just starting to think about a masters. Voila All done and dusted whilst I'm young and able! I won't be a doddery old mum or having to take a career break just as my career is taking off...

ReputationRep:
    Mid to late twenties. I want to adopt though.

ReputationRep:
    25-27. Not so late as you'll be old by the time their adults but hopefully old enough to have the income/home to support kids

ReputationRep:
    late 20's or max early 30's

ReputationRep:
    would ideally like to start having children from age 26/27, though i'd like to be married so it depends on that ^^
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by wildcat123)
    I honestly find it so alien to hear people who are my age (roughly) talking about having/wanting kids so soon. Bizarre.
    So soon? Nearly everybody is saying late 20s/early 30s. :confused::confused:

I would start trying at 30 and adopt if I didn't get there by 36ish. What's the big deal about making the kid yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I graduate at 20. Postgraduate degree afterwards. Will hopefully have a good job at 25/26 with a decent salary. Would want children at 27-28.

ReputationRep:
    couldn't say how life is gonna turn out...
    however, I would aim for late 20s/early 30s, if not adoption?
    Who knows what'll really happen!

ReputationRep:
    I had my daughter at 22, which I think is quite young, if I had no kids then I would probably plan to start at 28-30 and stop at 37ish.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have kids (if I ever wanted them) around 28.

ReputationRep:
    umm.. that is a head scratcher
    i'll be ok with having a child at age 22+ and i'm not having sex before then because of that reason so if i do happen to get pregnant then at least i have a degree behind me.

ReputationRep:
    When and if I find a guy who I think would make a good father. I'm very picky.

But, after I hit 25, I might consider it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't qualify until i'm 26 (nearly 27) so probably close to 30.

ReputationRep:
    25-30

ReputationRep:
    Late 20s for me.
    That way theres chance to finish my degree etc and be secure in things.

ReputationRep:
    Ideally I'd have a child at around the age of 28. Of course, this relies on me falling in love and being in a relationship...currently, I'm consistently single.
    I'd probably stop trying for children at around 45. I do want children though, and if I couldn't have one of my own I'd aim to adopt in my early 40s.

ReputationRep:
    I've been thinking about this a lot and I'm still not absolutely positive about how I feel. Sometimes I feel like I MUST have children because it'd be nice to give my parents grandchildren and because of what society tells us. Sometimes I feel like I want to travel, enjoy a nice career and social life for years and years before having kids.

When I was little I always wanted to be married at 20 and have 2 children by the time I'm 25.

Now I'm 23 and sadly there's still no sign of him!

I'm only starting Uni in September and I might do a postgrad course and want to enjoy a bit of a postgrad career first, so perhaps I'll have one at 28 and one at 30 ideally. And I want to be married first.

If I was having problems I'd stop trying for a baby at 35, unless I was very desperate, then I'd carry on until I was 40.

It's difficult to predict how life will turn out.

ReputationRep:
    I've never thought about it. I think I want kids, but I've been thinking about getting married more. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faykay)
    Just to even things up a bit - I'm in my late twenties, have 4 kids aged 6 and under, a 2:1 from Sheffield University a good (ish) job and am just starting to think about a masters. Voila All done and dusted whilst I'm young and able! I won't be a doddery old mum or having to take a career break just as my career is taking off...
    How did you manage to pop out 4 kids in 1 year ?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by cucumber sandwich)
    How did you manage to pop out 4 kids in 1 year ?
    Where did you get the '1 year' bit from?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.