Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just to even things up a bit - I'm in my late twenties, have 4 kids aged 6 and under, a 2:1 from Sheffield University a good (ish) job and am just starting to think about a masters. Voila All done and dusted whilst I'm young and able! I won't be a doddery old mum or having to take a career break just as my career is taking off...

ReputationRep:
    Mid to late twenties. I want to adopt though.

ReputationRep:
    25-27. Not so late as you'll be old by the time their adults but hopefully old enough to have the income/home to support kids

ReputationRep:
    late 20's or max early 30's

ReputationRep:
    would ideally like to start having children from age 26/27, though i'd like to be married so it depends on that ^^
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by wildcat123)
    I honestly find it so alien to hear people who are my age (roughly) talking about having/wanting kids so soon. Bizarre.
    So soon? Nearly everybody is saying late 20s/early 30s. :confused::confused:

I would start trying at 30 and adopt if I didn't get there by 36ish. What's the big deal about making the kid yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I graduate at 20. Postgraduate degree afterwards. Will hopefully have a good job at 25/26 with a decent salary. Would want children at 27-28.

ReputationRep:
    couldn't say how life is gonna turn out...
    however, I would aim for late 20s/early 30s, if not adoption?
    Who knows what'll really happen!

ReputationRep:
    I had my daughter at 22, which I think is quite young, if I had no kids then I would probably plan to start at 28-30 and stop at 37ish.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have kids (if I ever wanted them) around 28.

ReputationRep:
    umm.. that is a head scratcher
    i'll be ok with having a child at age 22+ and i'm not having sex before then because of that reason so if i do happen to get pregnant then at least i have a degree behind me.

ReputationRep:
    When and if I find a guy who I think would make a good father. I'm very picky.

But, after I hit 25, I might consider it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't qualify until i'm 26 (nearly 27) so probably close to 30.

ReputationRep:
    25-30

ReputationRep:
    Late 20s for me.
    That way theres chance to finish my degree etc and be secure in things.

ReputationRep:
    Ideally I'd have a child at around the age of 28. Of course, this relies on me falling in love and being in a relationship...currently, I'm consistently single.
    I'd probably stop trying for children at around 45. I do want children though, and if I couldn't have one of my own I'd aim to adopt in my early 40s.

ReputationRep:
    I've been thinking about this a lot and I'm still not absolutely positive about how I feel. Sometimes I feel like I MUST have children because it'd be nice to give my parents grandchildren and because of what society tells us. Sometimes I feel like I want to travel, enjoy a nice career and social life for years and years before having kids.

When I was little I always wanted to be married at 20 and have 2 children by the time I'm 25.

Now I'm 23 and sadly there's still no sign of him!

I'm only starting Uni in September and I might do a postgrad course and want to enjoy a bit of a postgrad career first, so perhaps I'll have one at 28 and one at 30 ideally. And I want to be married first.

If I was having problems I'd stop trying for a baby at 35, unless I was very desperate, then I'd carry on until I was 40.

It's difficult to predict how life will turn out.

ReputationRep:
    I've never thought about it. I think I want kids, but I've been thinking about getting married more. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faykay)
    Just to even things up a bit - I'm in my late twenties, have 4 kids aged 6 and under, a 2:1 from Sheffield University a good (ish) job and am just starting to think about a masters. Voila All done and dusted whilst I'm young and able! I won't be a doddery old mum or having to take a career break just as my career is taking off...
    How did you manage to pop out 4 kids in 1 year ?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by cucumber sandwich)
    How did you manage to pop out 4 kids in 1 year ?
    Where did you get the '1 year' bit from?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.