To those who want children? Watch

faykay
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Just to even things up a bit - I'm in my late twenties, have 4 kids aged 6 and under, a 2:1 from Sheffield University a good (ish) job and am just starting to think about a masters. Voila All done and dusted whilst I'm young and able! I won't be a doddery old mum or having to take a career break just as my career is taking off...
hollee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Mid to late twenties. I want to adopt though.
mipegg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
25-27. Not so late as you'll be old by the time their adults but hopefully old enough to have the income/home to support kids
carlosb
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
late 20's or max early 30's
iced_dragon_agility
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
would ideally like to start having children from age 26/27, though i'd like to be married so it depends on that ^^
la fille danse
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wildcat123)
I honestly find it so alien to hear people who are my age (roughly) talking about having/wanting kids so soon. Bizarre.
So soon? Nearly everybody is saying late 20s/early 30s. :confused::confused:

I would start trying at 30 and adopt if I didn't get there by 36ish. What's the big deal about making the kid yourself?
Yawn-er
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I graduate at 20. Postgraduate degree afterwards. Will hopefully have a good job at 25/26 with a decent salary. Would want children at 27-28.
strawberry fields
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
couldn't say how life is gonna turn out...
however, I would aim for late 20s/early 30s, if not adoption?
Who knows what'll really happen!
little_green
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I had my daughter at 22, which I think is quite young, if I had no kids then I would probably plan to start at 28-30 and stop at 37ish.
strawberry
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd have kids (if I ever wanted them) around 28.
sprite_fright
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
umm.. that is a head scratcher
i'll be ok with having a child at age 22+ and i'm not having sex before then because of that reason so if i do happen to get pregnant then at least i have a degree behind me.
Deadly Lightshade
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
When and if I find a guy who I think would make a good father. I'm very picky.

But, after I hit 25, I might consider it.
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't qualify until i'm 26 (nearly 27) so probably close to 30.
mel0n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
25-30
Becky_90
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Late 20s for me.
That way theres chance to finish my degree etc and be secure in things.
cpj1987
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ideally I'd have a child at around the age of 28. Of course, this relies on me falling in love and being in a relationship...currently, I'm consistently single.
I'd probably stop trying for children at around 45. I do want children though, and if I couldn't have one of my own I'd aim to adopt in my early 40s.
CTVicky
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've been thinking about this a lot and I'm still not absolutely positive about how I feel. Sometimes I feel like I MUST have children because it'd be nice to give my parents grandchildren and because of what society tells us. Sometimes I feel like I want to travel, enjoy a nice career and social life for years and years before having kids.

When I was little I always wanted to be married at 20 and have 2 children by the time I'm 25.

Now I'm 23 and sadly there's still no sign of him!

I'm only starting Uni in September and I might do a postgrad course and want to enjoy a bit of a postgrad career first, so perhaps I'll have one at 28 and one at 30 ideally. And I want to be married first.

If I was having problems I'd stop trying for a baby at 35, unless I was very desperate, then I'd carry on until I was 40.

It's difficult to predict how life will turn out.
vander Beth
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've never thought about it. I think I want kids, but I've been thinking about getting married more. :moon:
cucumber sandwich
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by faykay)
Just to even things up a bit - I'm in my late twenties, have 4 kids aged 6 and under, a 2:1 from Sheffield University a good (ish) job and am just starting to think about a masters. Voila All done and dusted whilst I'm young and able! I won't be a doddery old mum or having to take a career break just as my career is taking off...
How did you manage to pop out 4 kids in 1 year ?
la fille danse
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cucumber sandwich)
How did you manage to pop out 4 kids in 1 year ?
Where did you get the '1 year' bit from?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (129)
18.48%
No (422)
60.46%
Not really bothered about them (147)
21.06%

Watched Threads