Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    Are you Catholic?
    I don't quite see where Catholicism comes into this. I would certainly be very careful with regards to risking getting pregnant before the end of my degree because, even as an atheist, I know that I could probably never have an abortion.

ReputationRep:
    Within a year or two of marriage, which will hopefully be a year or two after uni; we're gonna need plenty of time to get 18 out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoVis)
    I don't quite see where Catholicism comes into this. I would certainly be very careful with regards to risking getting pregnant before the end of my degree because, even as an atheist, I know that I could probably never have an abortion.
    Atheists can use contraception, if you don't trust the pill use condoms. If the condom fails you can tell, and get the morning after pill. If you are worried about not being able to get the morning after pill in time get one from the chemist and keep it for emergencies.

Holding off sex purely to avoid getting pregnant seems a bit unecessary in this day and age.

People who think they can cope having babies in their 40's or over are deluding themselves.
    You shouldn't really say that as its not true.
    I know lots of people who have done this and they are absolutely fine.

But I do agree that if you can, maybe you should have kids earlier.
    But i suppose for some people it just works out that way...

ReputationRep:
    I want to have my first child between 23 and 27

ReputationRep:
    Obviously it depends when I end up getting married, God willing...I'd like to start having kids in my mid-twenties, and have at least two by the time I'm 30, but I'd like to be married for a year or two first, and I don't see me getting married any time soon...plus I don't think in 5 years or so I'm going to be mature enough to look after a child! I'd like to, but I'm more like a 5-year-old than a 20-year-old myself!

I think 35 is the latest I would want to give birth, but ideally I'd have had all my kids before then, by about 32, 33. I want 3 or 4, and I'd quite like to adopt one or two, or three even perhaps!

Erm...like 35+. I don't see the point in having them young. If you're worried about fertility and the like, freeze your eggs. :yes:

(Original post by Edenr)
    Within a year or two of marriage, which will hopefully be a year or two after uni; we're gonna need plenty of time to get 18 out.
    Hahaha, I just noticed this. Better start looking for that baby-making machine then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elsa_89)
    Hahaha, I just noticed this. Better start looking for that baby-making machine then!
    Oh, she's lined up :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Erm...like 35+. I don't see the point in having them young. If you're worried about fertility and the like, freeze your eggs. :yes:
    But you're a cookie...how can you have children? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    My genes are too good to be shared.

(Original post by crazyferret)
    But you're a cookie...how can you have children? :lolwut:
    Hey! :hmmm: Us cookies can reproduce too! We don't just grow on trees.

(Original post by Edenr)
    Oh, she's lined up :teeth:
    Does the poor girl machine know?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! :hmmm: Us cookies can reproduce too! We don't just grow on trees.
    May I ask how exactly you do it :o:

I assume when a mummy cookie and a daddy gingerbread man are in love...

ReputationRep:
    Probably first kid at 27 and last kid at 40

I guess it could be selfish to have kids when a womans really old, because you know that woman who became the world's oldest mother at the age of 60 (?) and now she's dead and her twins are orphans at the age of 2. (I skimmed through an articles in the news on that, dont know about the kids' father)

ReputationRep:
    Does the poor girl machine know?
    Erm, there are certain logistical issues that remain unresolved, this possibly being one of them...

(Original post by crazyferret)
    May I ask how exactly you do it :o:

I assume when a mummy cookie and a daddy gingerbread man are in love...
    We just do it. You know...

Have you never seen a pregnant cookie before?

(Original post by Edenr)
    SORT IT OUT. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely like to have kids before I'm 40 any later and it's really too late in my opinion. I'm 21 just now and not even with anyone so it definitely wouldn't be until late 20s. I'm still at uni and I think I'd rather wait until I've been working for a couple of years and known the person for a couple of years aswell so I'm completely ready.

ReputationRep:
    We just do it

SORT IT OUT. :yes:
    I plan to :grin:

ReputationRep:
    If my wife is 4-5 years younger than me then I could wait until mid-thirties. I can't wait till I have kids but I also want to live a little, and work my way to a decent financial situation before all that responsibility.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.