Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I overheard a couple of girls at work talking a little while ago about how they don't really like there boyfriends but they stay with him just for the hell of it and how they like to manipulate their boyfriends into buying them stuff. To this i replied your boyfriends are either really loaded or really stupid at which they both laughed. What i don't understand is how they can think it is ok to manipulate a guy to spend his hard earned money on them. I may just be getting old, they are both a few years younger than me 18 and 19, i'm 22. But i would never treat my boyfriend like that, If he wants to spend his money on me, fine, i'll let him but i don't ask him to buy me stuff and i would never force him into it. Is this an age thing or do lots of girls do it?

ReputationRep:
    They are called gold diggers

(Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    Yep this :yep:

ReputationRep:
    http://img2.allposters.com/images/impo/ST3389.jpg

ReputationRep:
    That's horrible

ReputationRep:
    It happens, always gonna be girls who think the world *owes* them and are willing to get it off whoever.

Someone I knew had a girl like this for a girlfriend and when he went on her facebook inbox he caught on. He bought 2 one-way-tickets to go to France. He said he'd meet her at the airport in France as he had a rugby match that morning and couldn't get them both on the same flight. She got on the plane and went to France - he never showed. Had no money, as expected him to pay for anything, and no return ticket. It was...beautiful plan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silliva)
    It happens, always gonna be girls who think the world *owes* them and are willing to get it off whoever.

Someone I knew had a girl like this for a girlfriend and when he went on her facebook inbox he caught on. He bought 2 one-way-tickets to go to France. He said he'd meet her at the airport in France as he had a rugby match that morning and couldn't get them both on the same flight. She got on the plane and went to France - he never showed. Had no money, as expected him to pay for anything, and no return ticket. It was...beautiful plan.

Sorry but thats harsh

AHAAHAHAHHAAHHAAHHA:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    I would think that if it wasn't for the fact that i work with these girls, so they have jobs, its not like they don't have their own money.

ReputationRep:
    Please, get off of your high horse before you waft self righteousness into the room.

Oh wait.

(Original post by Fawn)
    Please, get off of your high horse before you waft self righteousness into the room.

Oh wait.
    *steals Fawns hat and runs away :teeth:*

ReputationRep:
    More fool the blokes really...

No easier thing to do than part a fool and his money..

ReputationRep:

F#cking Ledge... tell your friend absolute man points...

Totally gonna do that if anyone f#cks me over!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    *steals Fawns hat and runs away :teeth:*

:o:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITJK4jdUEE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippieglitter)
    I overheard a couple of girls at work talking a little while ago about how they don't really like there boyfriends but they stay with him just for the hell of it and how they like to manipulate their boyfriends into buying them stuff. To this i replied your boyfriends are either really loaded or really stupid at which they both laughed. What i don't understand is how they can think it is ok to manipulate a guy to spend his hard earned money on them. I may just be getting old, they are both a few years younger than me 18 and 19, i'm 22. But i would never treat my boyfriend like that, If he wants to spend his money on me, fine, i'll let him but i don't ask him to buy me stuff and i would never force him into it. Is this an age thing or do lots of girls do it?
    Im 19 and i would never do that and i agree with you. i would never manipulate my bf and i wouldnt expect him to buy me anything. its not an age thing... its a ***** thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippieglitter)
    I would think that if it wasn't for the fact that i work with these girls, so they have jobs, its not like they don't have their own money.
    you don't have to be poor and homeless to be a gold digger...

ReputationRep:
    There will always been a population of girls who think everything revolves around them. They want want want , and get get get. They're called gold diggers. Personally I think it's wrong , and the sad thing about it is the boyfriend(s) think that there girlfriend(s) actually love/like them , that's pretty sad to be frank.

well girls certainly cant do it to me as i have no money

ReputationRep:

Haha thats brilliant!!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.