Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so i am flying today and wanted to no, seeing as you can only take 100ml of liquid on a plane or whatever, whats going to happen when i get to the airport, check in our luggage and then buy vodka in duty free so we have something to drink on our balcony,

the smirnoff bottles <black and 50 odd% :teeth:> in duty free are 1 litre + , will this be allowed on board

ReputationRep:
    Don't they do the various checks before letting you into the duty free area for that very reason?

That said, I had a connecting flight, and I had to stuff my foreign-bought duty free in my case at Heathrow to get my connecting flight to Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. You can buy liquids in the airport to take onboard, no matter what size or else they wouldn't sell them!

ReputationRep:
    as long as you're through security, then do as you please in regards to taking liquids on the plane.

ReputationRep:
    As long as ou buy them after going through security, yes :yep:
    I think at some airports you can buy liquids before but they are placed in a sealed bag and you're not allowed to open it until you're off the plane at the other end.

ReputationRep:
    Does this just apply to hand held luggage? can you put relativley any amounts of liquid and stuff in suitcases that you check in to the hold? (Obviously safe non bomb making liquids)

ReputationRep:
    Once you're through security you can buy whatever liquids you want.

You can put anything you want in your suitcase cause you don't have access to it.

I usually like to put shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and hair spray in my suitcase, but you can put whatever you like.

ReputationRep:
    What annoys me more is that you can't take sharp objects through security, but you can buy them at the other side =/

Glasgow airport owes me a 'fro comb
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by YoSuis)
    What annoys me more is that you can't take sharp objects through security, but you can buy them at the other side =/

Glasgow airport owes me a 'fro comb
    I took safety pins through.

ReputationRep:
    They say we can't take sharp objects on planes for fear of hi-jacking.

I say anyone who can hi-jack with tweezers deserves the plane.

[/borrowed from sickipedia]

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you can buy the vodka. Just make sure that you know the quantity that you can carry to your final destination. One bottle is not a problem in most places. Usually, you are allowed two bottles.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, 'Liquids on a plane', the lesser known prequel to the awful 'Snakes on a plane'.

" AAA I have had it with these motherfuucking Evians on this motherfuucking plane! "

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    I took safety pins through.
    My dad got through with a penknife! Was in one of the pockets since the last time he'd used it. Security did'nt even pick up on it He didn't even realise until he had reached his destination.

ReputationRep:
    You can take liquids after security checks. Make sure you dont take too much though in case you have a connecting flight later, else you might have to throw some stuff away.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.