Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dad on facebook - HELP!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Be amazing if your dad uses TSR for some random reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    My dad added me. I accepted him, then wrote on his wall "Daddy I love you but it's not happening. xx" and deleted him.
    This. Facebook is just not made to deal with parent child relationships.

ReputationRep:
    http://myparentsjoinedfacebook.com/ this is relevant

ReputationRep:
    put him on limited profile. That's what i do to all family members. Although my parents haven't added me. But I'm pretty sure my mum paid my brother to add me so she could stalk me through that route.

ReputationRep:
    I have so many nosy family members
    just say no, or limited profile
    now my nosy extended family can't see others wall posts or photos tagged of me (yay!)

ReputationRep:
    Just explain to him that, no offense, but it won't work. I get on fine with my mum and let her on my facebook for ages, but really, she just couldn't cope with it - drunken photos, explicit (not that explicit, i think shes just sensitive) comments, boys talking to me, etc...
    She began giving me mini-alcohol consumption lectures far more often than usual, and the final straw was when she sent a 'witty' message to one of my uni friends who she's never met.

I deleted her after that.

She refused to feed me until i re-added her, it lasted the whole of the Easter holidays sadly .

Things are much better now she has been seperated from my facebook page.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    My dad added me. I accepted him, then wrote on his wall "Daddy I love you but it's not happening. xx" and deleted him.
    LOL

My mum has my facebook but there's a strict rule that she doesn't post on my profile

ReputationRep:
    You could do what I do OP. I have a family facebook profile - same as my normal one but with my middle name and it's unfindable. If a family member tries to add me I reject the request and then send them a request from the alternate profile and I've slowly migrated the ones I had over there too. My excuse is simply - I want to keep friends and family seperate and I'll be putting much more family news on the alternate one that I wouldn't share with my friends. They bought it, I log in about once a week to keep it updated.

ReputationRep:
    I've only added my brother as he's 21 so it's okay, as for my sister, other brother and parents..no way, I wouldn't want to see what they get up to and vice-versa.

ReputationRep:
    My mum has facebook :P She comments on my stuff every so often, but she's not embarassing so it's alright ^^

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.