Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

URGENT last minute 18th gift idea for girlfriend! watch

ReputationRep:
    I was pretty happy with my gifts for my girlfriend (So far i've got her a digital photo frame with photos of us on it + stupid doll of me, to take to uni when she misses me :yes: ) and tickets to see Grease at the theatre which I know she'll like.

However normally buying her bday+xmas presents leaves me absolutely skint, yet this time i could realistically spend another £100. ( I know its not all about money spent, but i couldnt live with myself knowing i didnt go all out like i previously have)

I want a WOW gift but it can't be off the internet since her birthday is tomorrow - I want something I can buy off the internet then as the gift give her the receipt/etc printed off.
    eg i was thinking an experience day thing maybe. she loves animals, but i cant seem to find any decent ones online that include two people for £100.

Any ideas? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Stripper.

ReputationRep:
    I think it would mean a lot if you got a reallly REALLY nice bunch of flowers and wrote her a lovely long birthday letter and got them delivered to her house tomorrow morning :yep: nowhere near £100 but ahhh so romantic <3

ReputationRep:
    How about a Pandora bracelet? They're really popular atm, Then you can buy her a new charm for every birthday/xmas etc. The bracelets start at around £55 and the charms range from £20 - £200. I have one and I love it,

http://www.pandora-jewelry.com/UK/Jewelry.aspx
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by sadie-kiki)
    I think it would mean a lot if you got a reallly REALLY nice bunch of flowers and wrote her a lovely long birthday letter and got them delivered to her house tomorrow morning :yep: nowhere near £100 but ahhh so romantic <3
    THIS! I wish my boyfriend had done this on my birthday :tongue: :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadie-kiki)
    This.
    I kinda did something like this except, my girlfriend didn't open the door, her mum did and she got excited. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    also this http://www.redletterdays.co.uk/Experience/Animals

ReputationRep:
    I love the charm bracelet idea but the Pandora ones are rather ugly imo.

What about taking her to a zoooooooooo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)

I agree, I much prefer the Thomas Sabo ones, they're so pretty! I have one, got it off my mum for my 18th and all my family got me charms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)

Not a bad idea actually, she always goes on about wanting to be a zookeeper when she grows up :P Is there any way of buying tickets so its a bit more.. gifty?

I would do the whole flower thing but I was quite embarrased by the events of valentines day (which i wont reveal) so am scarred for life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil Selway)
    Not a bad idea actually, she always goes on about wanting to be a zookeeper when she grows up :P Is there any way of buying tickets so its a bit more.. gifty?

I would do the whole flower thing but I was quite embarrased by the events of valentines day (which i wont reveal) so am scarred for life!
    Man up and do the flower thing! Or tell us your story

Why don't you write a really nice letter and get it delivered with some flowers like other people have suggested, and write that you have a day out planned, but don't tell her what. Keep it a secret until you actually get there :yep: If it's a nice day weather wise, take some picnic food with you? I don't know how to make it more gifty, but I'd love that.

ReputationRep:
    Glass Dildo.

ReputationRep:
    Why not spend the money on a day out to the zoo?

Tickets are normally around £20, but you can upgrade them if you want to do 'hands on' experience things... at least I know you can at Howletts and Port Lympne, but I don't know where you live!

ReputationRep:
    Dude, copy what I did. If she is into reading and all that, get her a copy of a book by a really famous author. Then you fake the authors signaure. You can even include a little message from the author in the book. and tell her bout how u had to queue for hours to get it. You will still have to get something else in addition to it, but at least that covers all dat sentimental value rubbish. it only works if she's in2 reading though!!!

ReputationRep:
    You can buy experience days to "Be a zookeeper for a day." It might be worth a look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ggap)
    Dude, copy what I did. If she is into reading and all that, get her a copy of a book by a really famous author. Then you fake the authors signaure. You can even include a little message from the author in the book. and tell her bout how u had to queue for hours to get it. You will still have to get something else in addition to it, but at least that covers all dat sentimental value rubbish. it only works if she's in2 reading though!!!
    Oh you are such a charmer.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.