Turn on thread page Beta

3 days and my results haven't appeared! watch

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend told me that he got his final year results on tuesday (he got a 2:2) and i have since heard that many others of my friends have got them too. Its now friday and i haven't received mine yet, it is really starting to worry me. Do i not have any results? Have i failed? My mum thinks if i had failed i would have heard already. I rang the college and they put me through to registry where i got the answer machine so left a message explaining that i hadn't received my results yet and could they ring me back asap. Has anyone else not received their results? I was scared when i thought i was going to recieve them, but now i'm terrified cos i haven't.

ReputationRep:
    At some universities you have until the 31st of July to hear.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what course your doing/what university you are at. Some are emailed/posted/put on a website so that might make a difference as well. If you email your tutor etc. they should be able to tell you when you'll get them.

ReputationRep:
    It normally depends on the exam board for your subject / uni meets. Mine arent due until 7th August so I wouldnt panic too much yet, just gove the uni another call and ask when they are due.

ReputationRep:
    surely u know if you have failed or not?

ReputationRep:
    If you're in your final year, you should have heard by now. Surely your graduation will be coming up soon? If it's not your final year, it's not uncommon to have to wait longer. I know I used to receive my non-final year results at the end of July.

ReputationRep:
    Different departments may release them at different times. At my uni there was a difference of almost a week.

ReputationRep:
    Surely you would have been told when your results come out? Or have like an on-line results page or something? Can you not ask a friend at your uni who might know when results come out?

ReputationRep:
    This will vary depending on the university. At my university, results are available to final year students on 1st July and all other students on 3rd July. They are posted to home addresses by Student Administrative Services on that day and usually arrive a couple of days later, but can be viewed on the web site from that time.

ReputationRep:
    Finally got them, off the college website (still nothing through the post). Failed one essay, rewriting it if i pass that i should get a 2:2, yay.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.