Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fern Britton's Body Con/Bandage Dress . . Watch

As the title says - did anyone see Fern on This Morning (her last show and b'day) in a bright blue/cyan colour body con/bandage dress?? the dress was absolutely lovely and she managed to pull it off well.

Anyway . . does anyone have a clue of where the dress might be from? . . .

EDIT: Here is a few snippets of the dress - I have just realised its by Herve Leger = expensive! But if anyone knows of an alternative, that is suited for student budget then please do lemme know.

EDIT2: Please do not suggest Primark as I hate that shop. No offence to those who shop in there all the time.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.reiss.co.uk/shop/womens/d...ca/royal_blue/

That's still a little pricey though.

ReputationRep:
    This is sort of similar?

(Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    http://www.reiss.co.uk/shop/womens/d...ca/royal_blue/

That's still a little pricey though.
    Ooo that's nice, but tad on the pricey side. But will keep it in consideration.

(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    This is sort of similar?

How much is this one? . . .

ReputationRep:
    £65

http://www.asos.com/Lipsy/Lipsy-Knit...rt=-1&clr=Aqua

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Ooo that's nice, but tad on the pricey side. But will keep it in consideration.

How much is this one? . . .
    I have the shoes they suggest to go with that dress :yep: (I've got the dress in black btw) I love Reiss too much....though as we've both said, on the more expensive side.

£65

http://www.asos.com/Lipsy/Lipsy-Knit...rt=-1&clr=Aqua
    Eeeek, pricey - but it looks like all these nice bandage dresses/body con's are tad pricey. But meh its not often I buy expensive clothes! :ninjagirl: . . .

(Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    I have the shoes they suggest to go with that dress :yep: (I've got the dress in black btw) I love Reiss too much....though as we've both said, on the more expensive side.
    Lately I have seen some gorg. stuff, but £££. But no harm in the odd treat - once in a while! :teeth: lol . .

ReputationRep:
    Eeeek, pricey - but it looks like all these nice bandage dresses/body con's are tad pricey. But meh its not often I buy expensive clothes! :ninjagirl:
    http://www.rarefashion.co.uk/product...2.aspx?pv=6831

In the sale, £20.

ReputationRep:
    I have a body con dress from Oasis, think it was about £60, and it's very, very nice. But, I also have two (one in cobalt blue, the other in back) from Primark, and they are also lovely. They fit very well and make my figure look lovely. They are like £12 each. Obviously not as nice as the others shown, but it's a cheap alternative.

http://www.rarefashion.co.uk/product...2.aspx?pv=6831

In the sale, £20.
    Ooooo now that's a nice one Mum just said ''its too short'' FFS :mad: . .

ReputationRep:
    There are some of a similar style in Primark, but they're different colours. Not sure how much they are though. :p:

(Original post by LozengeC)
    There are some of a similar style in Primark, but they're different colours. Not sure how much they are though. :p:
    Thanks for the primark suggestions, but I hate primark clothes! (no offence to those who shop in there religiously).

ReputationRep:
    Bodycon :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I've found a couple

this one and the lipsy dress on sale

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the primark suggestions, but I hate primark clothes! (no offence to those who shop in there religiously).
    Uh, don't make a fuss about pricey dresses then. People suggest dresses, you say "£££!", they suggest Primark, you turn your nose up... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serrellen)
    Uh, don't make a fuss about pricey dresses then. People suggest dresses, you say "£££!", they suggest Primark, you turn your nose up... :confused:
    tbf she stated in her first post she didnt want primark suggestions. I shop in primark regularly but if im honest the quality is quite crap so i see her point

ReputationRep:
    :drool: Fern Britton!

ReputationRep:
    have to say i do love advocaat!
    have you tried ebay? just put in blue/turqouise bandage/bodycon dress and then you can either buy on there or ones from specific shops come up you can check there i do that quite a bit if i haven't got a clue what shop to look in

(Original post by serrellen)
    Errr I'm not making a fuss. I have no issues with buying expensive dresses - infact have got some pricey pieces in my wardrobe which I v rarely wear on nights out up town because they will get ruined. Something between £20 - 40 is what I am willing to spend on a dress to wear up town (so long as the quality is good, which IMO Primark does NOT match up to that). Fair play to those who shop in Primark but its not to my taste. Got things from there before, got one wear of it, before it went to **** - so its why I do not bother.

(Original post by hendy16)
    tbf she stated in her first post she didnt want primark suggestions. I shop in primark regularly but if im honest the quality is quite crap so i see her point
    Thank you!

Im not stuck up or anything like that, I just do not see the point in wasting £££ all the time in a place where the quality is poor. I'd rather spend a decent amount on something where I'll get a good wear out it before I can say ''its time for the bin or charity shop''. IF Primark quality was good, then I'd go in there, but unfortunately its not from my previous experiences.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.