Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi there, I've worked in the civil service for two years and have just been accepted onto an internal development scheme and been given a training bursary. Am looking at studying a masters and the online/ distance learning MPA or MPG at York caught my eye as obviously I need to be able to study and work.

I was wondering if anyone out there has any knowledge of the course? What's it like? How good it is? More generally, how are MPA's viewed..?

I have a 2:1 from Sheffield (in an utterly unrelated field) and have discussed my application with York and they sounded happy about my grades and level of experience (relatively low as yet) however it is a lot of time and money (3yrs p/t and about £9000) so I wondered if anyone has any comments or advice for me...? Cheers!
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.