Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'd be a bit sad too. It doesn't make you a bunny boiler!
    I got really upset because i'd been with my man for over 6 months and he'd never said it to me.
    so i was with my friend one day and she said to just text him at the end of a general text "do you love me?" he replied straight away that of course he did.
    It just felt weird that it had been over 6 months and he'd never said it to me. when my other attatched friends got texts from their boyfriends it was all like "i love you" "love you lots xxxx" etc etc even ones that had been together say 2 months.
    i get a "x" if i'm lucky.
    "xxx" i haven't got for a loooong time.
    Getting an "i love you" or lots of "xxx" just somehow makes you feel more loved i dunno.

(Original post by Clements-)
    It totally does.

You say it's just to make you happy but why is it so important? How is he saying 3 words going to make your life so much better, really? You're being petty and pathetic, seriously. If you keep pushing for this, it'll drive him insane. When people say it so much, it totally loses all meaning.
    no, i don't think it makes me petty and pathetic, or clingy. as some people say, it's only 3 words, it means nothing. if he is in that camp of thought, and it means nothing, then why don't he just say it then, knowing that it would make me happy?

i'm not asking him to say it everyday, like maybe once in a while would be nice.

i think it's basically a difference of 2 opinions on the meaning and significance of the word. it does not make me clingy or immature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    no, i don't think it makes me petty and pathetic, or clingy. as some people say, it's only 3 words, it means nothing. if he is in that camp of thought, and it means nothing, then why don't he just say it then, knowing that it would make me happy?

i'm not asking him to say it everyday, like maybe once in a while would be nice.

i think it's basically a difference of 2 opinions on the meaning and significance of the word. it does not make me clingy or immature.
    Why would you want him to say something that means nothing? His actions are more important than his words so i just think you're being really over the top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kexy)
    :love:
    Haha :blush:

ReputationRep:
    hey

my bf and i have been going out for about 21 months. we first started saying i love you last christmas time, when we were apart for christmas. when we're at uni together, when we occasionally do say it, i always say it first, then i have to ask him if he loves me. i've gotten upset about this in the past, and he says 'oh you know i love you, i don't have to say it, don't my actions show it?'. hmph. i have never been convinced of it, and have never been fully accepting of that.

otherwise, he is a pretty good boyfriend, we spend a lot of time together, and he's been especially nice to me over exam time, helping me and teaching me etc...

now he's on boys holiday for a couple weeks, and i was a bit upset about exam results, and i sent him an e-mail which ended with 'i love you and miss you'. and all i got was a sentence and 'see you soon'.

i'm so pissed off......

what would you think about the whole situation??

I get you. You are probably over reacting but its valid to feel like that. Thing is the more you stress the more he will get fed up. Then the less he will say it, the more upset you will get. Argggg!! You see what I mean, it will just get worse.

If you can chill out about it do, talk to him about how you feel for sure so that he know what you mean. And then try to get through it. Although it seems like a trivial thing to get caught up on, its important if its important to you. So stand your ground and leave if you need to to be happy.

(Original post by Clements-)
    Why would you want him to say something that means nothing? His actions are more important than his words so i just think you're being really over the top.
    i think if you were a girl you would understand.

ReputationRep:
    i think if you were a girl you would understand.

:rofl2: ahahahahahahahahah, how little you know :awesome:

ReputationRep:

You're saying it yourself... It means nothing. How he treats you should be all that matters :yep:

ReputationRep:
    You are being way to clingy. Your putting him under unnecessary pressure.
    Let him say it on his own terms. I mean anyone can say "I love you" without really meaning it, so actions speak louder than those words.

ReputationRep:
    There's things much more important than saying 'I love you'. At least he didn't feel obliged to say it just because you said it. He will say it in his own time if he wants to.

lame thread

ReputationRep:
    lame thread
    why go anonymous to say 'lame thread'?

ReputationRep:
    " and he says ' oh you know I love you ' " - He thinks that you should already know by now that you love him , and that it's not mandatory for him to say it.

(Original post by smilee172)
    why go anonymous to say 'lame thread'?
    :shh:

ReputationRep:
    when someone sais it every day, it loses its value whereas when it's said sometimes -during special times it sounds more true haha...

ReputationRep:
    You're weird.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.