Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

hey

is it really bad if i go away with only a male friend when i have a long term boyfriend? my bf is on a boys holiday for a couple weeks, and as this was a last minute thing, i e-mailed him to ask him if he minded and he was like no, go and enjoy yourself.

my mum and my bf's bro seems to think it's a problem, and so i dread to think what my bf's mum would say... i was a bit surprised by my bf's bro, who i'm quite close to, but he was like obviously this guy fancies you, don't go!

i really want a holiday, and am trying to find someone else to come with us, but if i don't....should i go or not?!?!

ReputationRep:
    It depends a lot on the nature of your friendship. How long have you been close friends? Does he know your boyfriend very well?

ReputationRep:
    Its up to you, not anyone else.
    If you boyfriend trusts you he wont care whether you go or not. Thats all that matters really.

ReputationRep:
    As long as you're sure your bf isn't lying to make you happy.

Situations reversed, are you in the kind of relationship where if he went on holiday with a single girl, you'd mind?

ReputationRep:
    Its up to you and your relationship, if your boyfriend says he doesnt mind you going then go; however I know I wouldnt be comfortable with my girlfriend going away with just a guy

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't go down too well with me personally. He may just be trying to play it cool and may not actually want you to go on your own with this guy.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to go, GO!
    It's not up to any one else to be honest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss.Naughty)
    You're right, but she should still consider her boyfriends feelings if she values their relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss.Naughty)
    If you want to go, GO!
    thats the sort of selfish attitude that makes relationships fail tbh

ReputationRep:
    DONT GO.

I am best friends with a boy.
    and his girlfriend knows how close we are.
    However she never tells us not to meet up or talk or anything.
    But last weekend she cracked and broke up with him as she thought something happened between me and him when we last met up.

So even though he says you can go. Just think of what he really could feel about the whole situation.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well it depends, whether you can trust yourself not to have sex with this male friend. As long as you have separate rooms, then I do not see the problem. I reckon you should just go and enjoy your holiday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    thats the sort of selfish attitude that makes relationships fail tbh
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    my bf is on a boys holiday for a couple weeks, and as this was a last minute thing, i e-mailed him to ask him if he minded and he was like no, go and enjoy yourself.
    It's not like she is going behind her boyfriend's back is it. He's given her his permission. And he's away with his friends. Why can't she go with her friend. So what if her friend is a male? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    well we can only assume that what he said was true, he didnt mind, however assuming things can sometimes be a *****, and we have seen the reaction to what other blokes think on here

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.