Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ok so theres this guy at my sixth form, he's one of the popular, good looking "lads" and has a bit of a reputation, he was with another girl in my year for a few months and cheated on her several times, though despite this shes still obsessed with him.
    however lately he's began to show an interest in me and we met up with one of my best friends and his best friend, who are getting together. it was all really good and we've been texting since and he seems like a nice guy and has said several times we should meet again.
    though as i said his ex girlfriend is still obsessed with him and it appears would do anything to get him back. when she found out that me and him met up and saw us talking at school she began talkin to me on facebook to try and find out what is going on, i didnt reveal very much to her and now every time me and my friend see her at school she makes *****y looks and comments in our direction, he has always told me he is no longer interested in her. until last night my friend text me to say that she just saw him and his ex in the cinema! obviously since nothing is officially going on with us i cant really go pshyco on him. but i dont know if i shiuld just give up on him? and conclude that he is a cheating idiot that will never change? but i was really starting to like him.
    sorry for the long and maybe slightly annoying post.
    but any advice would be appreciated =]
    x

ReputationRep:
    You know what they say - once a cheat, always a cheat. Might be best to leave now and not give him a chance to hurt you too. He sounds like a bit of a boob to me

ReputationRep:
    Don't go there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ok so theres this guy at my sixth form, he's one of the popular, good looking "lads" and has a bit of a reputation, he was with another girl in my year for a few months and cheated on her several times, though despite this shes still obsessed with him.
    however lately he's began to show an interest in me and we met up with one of my best friends and his best friend, who are getting together. it was all really good and we've been texting since and he seems like a nice guy and has said several times we should meet again.
    though as i said his ex girlfriend is still obsessed with him and it appears would do anything to get him back. when she found out that me and him met up and saw us talking at school she began talkin to me on facebook to try and find out what is going on, i didnt reveal very much to her and now every time me and my friend see her at school she makes *****y looks and comments in our direction, he has always told me he is no longer interested in her. until last night my friend text me to say that she just saw him and his ex in the cinema! obviously since nothing is officially going on with us i cant really go pshyco on him. but i dont know if i shiuld just give up on him? and conclude that he is a cheating idiot that will never change? but i was really starting to like him.
    x
    I know you probably really like him, but I'd stay away. He sounds like a player.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like already, he's gonna cause you a lot of trouble.

Warning signs from the previous girlfriend and what your friend just reported should tell you all you need to know.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt bother with him if i was you. i know someone who was in the same position as you, started seeing the guy, he just used her for sex and then stopped texting and seeing her. im guessing by your story on here that that is probably all he wants aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Ditch him.

ReputationRep:
    i would stay away you could end up getting hurt.

ReputationRep:
    Just walk away. Actually, sprint away.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, going on what you've said.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely sounds like a player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    x

to quickly summarise: stay well away.

ReputationRep:
    it's not what you want to hear but i'd leave him well alone. boys like that are SO tempting and we always think we can change them, but in reality we never actually can.... better to get out now before you convince yourself you won't get in too deep and then find yourself in the exact same situation as his ex really. good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Leave him alone! how would you feel if a guy YOU were obsessed with started going out with another girl?? Put yourself in her shoes, let her get over him. no wonder she is giving you *****y looks

ReputationRep:
    Far too many people on TSR give advice about a situation when its far out of context and the OP doesn't describe the situation well enough/posters don't grasp it that well

but for once, they're right. turn around and walk away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJS)
    Leave him alone! how would you feel if a guy YOU were obsessed with started going out with another girl?? Put yourself in her shoes, let her get over him. no wonder she is giving you *****y looks
    :rofl2:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.