Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else going in September to do this?

ReputationRep:
    Not me but I'm going to study English Language and I might choose Criminology as a second subject. Maybe I should choose Linguistics and Sociolinguistics but Criminology and American Studies seem to be more interesting to me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm majoring in it, starting my second year in October. It's not too bad like. Some parts of the first year are a bit rubbish and boring, but there's some decent parts in there (explanations of murder, drugs and a few others) and the modules for the 2nd and 3rd years look loads better.

It's pretty easy to pass the first year of Criminology (Sociology and Politics too, at that). I dossed about for most of it and stopped going to lectures and most seminars around Novemeber and a few hours of reading the lecture notes and that before the exam sorts you out with enough stuff to pass. Not entirely sure what I'm getting at here, basically if you dunno what to do for one of your minors, maybe go for Criminology because there ain't much work in the first year, it's pretty interesting overall and you can blag it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dooze)
    It's pretty easy to pass the first year of Criminology (Sociology and Politics too, at that). I dossed about for most of it and stopped going to lectures and most seminars around Novemeber and a few hours of reading the lecture notes and that before the exam sorts you out with enough stuff to pass. Not entirely sure what I'm getting at here, basically if you dunno what to do for one of your minors, maybe go for Criminology because there ain't much work in the first year, it's pretty interesting overall and you can blag it?
    Hm... thanks for the advice.:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys im about to go into my third year as a criminology student. Its a great course, and i know i like it. Im not going to lie some of 1st year is boring, however your 2nd year and looking liek my 3rd year makes up for that. Yet i dossed about in my 1st year and you do actually need a lot of the basics that they teach u in 1st year to gain abetter understanding in soem of ur 2nd year courses. Yet the majority of the lecture slides r put on LUVLE.

Speaking of criminology, there is actually a new criminology society, yes its an academic society but its main purpose does stand to provide more of a social side of people as we found in 2nd year soemtimes we wer eput into seminar groups were we didnt know anyone and the society looks to try and get students to know each other, have a right laugh and ' devolp thioer criminological understanding' its not just for criminology students but obviously criminolgy studnets would benfit!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...2119619&ref=ts

thats teh group link seriously feel free to join, or message me if you have any more questions xxx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.