Turn on thread page Beta

Need party music for birthday party tonight! watch

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriends 18th is in her house, tonight. While me and her have quite a few party tunes between us (half of them good fast paced dancey songs that people know, and half semi-cheese that everyone knows)..

I am in desperate need of a compilation of those songs that come on and you think.. "i haven't heard that in ages but I know all the words!" (the songs you forget about in real life and therefore havent got in your itunes!)

I think its too late for individual suggestions, anyone have any knowledge of any compilations I can download (i'll pay for them..:rolleyes: ) quickly?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    look for old CDs, like NOW 2000/2001/2002/etc... and you'll probably find some songs
    Last time I went out the song blue came on and everyone went crazyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil Selway)
    My girlfriends 18th is in her house, tonight. While me and her have quite a few party tunes between us (half of them good fast paced dancey songs that people know, and half semi-cheese that everyone knows)..

I am in desperate need of a compilation of those songs that come on and you think.. "i haven't heard that in ages but I know all the words!" (the songs you forget about in real life and therefore havent got in your itunes!)

I think its too late for individual suggestions, anyone have any knowledge of any compilations I can download (i'll pay for them..:rolleyes: ) quickly?

thanks
    1. Download and install this.
    2. Pay for this.
    3. Get this playlist and this one, too.
    4. Groove. :groovy:

ReputationRep:
    For the cheesy:
    Shakira (Whenever, Wherever)
    Spice Girls
    Ricky Martin (Livin' La Vida Loca)
    Ting Tings (That's Not My Name)
    Linkin Park (Somewhere I belong)
    Arctic Monkeys
    Bloodhound Gang (Bad Touch)

Other must haves:
    Pendulum (In Silico album is mint)
    Bloc Party (Banquet)
    Blue (Song 2)
    Chemical Brothers

etc etc

ReputationRep:
    just get a ministry of sound compilation, they're mainstream enough for people to know the songs and it's party music. the addicted to bass one they released this year isn't bad for parties, and you'll probably only need to skip over a few songs.

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget the S Club 7!
    I agree with the looking for old NOW CDs, just look at the tracklistings for them on Amazon then download the songs you want from there. Or if you are able to, try out the local library to see if they have any.

ReputationRep:
    O wow I was thinking to reccommend Michael Jackson...I reccommend the now compilation series tho and Beyonce/Rihanna- spose ppl know them. Depends on your tastes.

ReputationRep:
    Mr Brightside, by the Killers.
    It's simply essential!

ReputationRep:
    queen - dont stop me now
    dj otzi, cher, busted, kc and the sunshine band, geri halliwell, shania twain, proclaimers, any of them any good??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaun12345)
    queen - dont stop me now
    dj otzi, cher, busted, kc and the sunshine band, geri halliwell, shania twain, proclaimers, any of them any good??
    yes yes and yes

ReputationRep:
    Blow my whistle - DJ Aligator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUmkUak0IyA

Ingenious lyrics.

ReputationRep:

all of the above YES!
    + backstreet boys, westlife, a few elvis classics, jackson 5, take that n vengaboys - oh and tATu xDDDDDDDDD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andiio)
    It depends on the vibe you're trying to create. Just grab a Spice Girls Album, I think it fits both cheese and old school :mmm:
    oh you are naughty...:p:
    bit of two of americas most wanted by snoop dag woudl be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keith_Dave)
    Blow my whistle - DJ Aligator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUmkUak0IyA

Ingenious lyrics.
    yeah pretty deep lyrics, must have took weeks to write that...:p:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.