Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Just curious, do universities ALWAYS stick to the entry criteria they give in prospectuses or websites, or do they alter them depending on how many people apply that year.

For instance for medicine some universities say for gcse's we want B or above in science maths and english etc.
    However if many students applied does that mean they have to be more strict, while considering an application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by instincts)
    Hi,
    Just curious, do universities ALWAYS stick to the entry criteria they give in prospectuses or websites, or do they alter them depending on how many people apply that year.

For instance for medicine some universities say for gcse's we want B or above in science maths and english etc.
    However if many students applied does that mean they have to be more strict, while considering an application?
    In short, they have to be quite strict for very popular courses or otherwise, they would be flooded with many more applications

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    In short, they have to be quite strict for very popular courses or otherwise, they would be flooded with many more applications
    theres other factors that could affect the offer u r given. My friend said he had an excellent interview at sheffield for aeronautical engineering, thier standard offer is abb i think..his offer was bbc.
    the fact that he has a string of a*s at gcse and lots of wrk exp could be why that is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by instincts)
    Hi,
    not always, if they love you they will give you a lower offer- my ex-bf has just been given an offer of ABB for medicine at Sheffield which is pretty low.
    i also know that newcastle are going to ask for ABB instead of BBB (what it says in the prospectus) for maths + psychology. the admissions tutor told me this at an open day and told me again after i e-mailed him about something.

it really depends on how much they want you.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Blamps, just noticed your sig. So Mr White is now an enemy of the crew?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Blamps, just noticed your sig. So Mr White is now an enemy of the crew?
    i like the sound of this ...maybe one day uk-learning will have its own gangs..Blamps..Mr White...And bad boy from detroit

aaaiiiiiee...blah blah

ReputationRep:
    In which case the Street Soldier is a mercenary...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    nomy ex-bf has just been given an offer of ABB for medicine at Sheffield which is pretty low.
    abb is standard for sheffield

but well done to ur ex.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.