If I don't get in to my firm university choice, am I forced to go to my back up choice? and if I am able to refuse to go to my back up choice, then can I go through clearing?
I only have one offer which I wish to go to (Manchester) and although both offers are the same (AAB) there is a chance that Southampton will take me anyway if I miss the grades and that Manchester will not.
If I don't get in to my firm, am I forced to go to my back up? Watch
- Thread Starter
- 17-07-2009 15:40
- 17-07-2009 15:45
Your not forced to do anything. Your insurance choice, should they let you in, will automatically become unconditional. Should you decide you no longer want to go there, you have to ring them and ask them to release you. Once this has happened you become eligible for the Clearing process, where you can then choose which course you want to study. However, the university may not release you immediately and you may have to wait, resulting in other courses that interest you being taken up.Last edited by taco23; 17-07-2009 at 19:41.
- 29-07-2009 20:23
This is good advice. If you are sure that you do not want to take up your insurance offer in the event that you fail to meet the grade requirements for your firm, you should be able to contact them now. It is not necessary to have an insurance - I did not because I did not want to go anywhere except my first choice. Luckily, I managed to get the grades to get in - I'm sure you will too. Good luck
- 29-07-2009 22:00
As Taco says you're not forced to do anything, just hang in there until results day and if you miss the grades see how you feel about the insurance then - good luck!