Turn on thread page Beta

Are most guys like this? watch

Say if you want a relationship with a girl and she shows interest in you does it put you off a bit as opposed to her being a little hard to get? I just find that if a girl plays hard to get I want her more than if she is totally willing:confused: I shouldn't be like this I know its a bad thing really but are most of you guys secretly like this?

ReputationRep:
    No. If she plays hard to get **** that. Mind games are for losers.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with ToastyCoke, I cant be bothered with playing hard to get, if they like me I'd appreciate it if they made it easier.

ReputationRep:
    It's quite subconciously done, but psychologically proven, yes. If a woman doesn't instantly show affection, subconciously it is noted that she isn't someone who would put-out easily - if the man is thinking more along the lines of sex, then, as demonstrated in this thread, they can't be bothered with someone who doesn't cosy up to them immediately.

The same way that women are more attracted to men if they disagree strongly to everything they say in the first part of a conversation, and then suddenly open up and start to agree with them. It makes them think that the man is able to hold up his own opinions and is strong-minded.

ReputationRep:
    If they like me , I'd rather them just be straight up and honest , I don't have time for games/stupidness.

ReputationRep:
    Just f#ck em all.... Tastes nice..

i she plays hard to get i usually lose interest. i cant be assed with that bs

ReputationRep:
    Playing hard to get is a little exciting..

ReputationRep:
    Protip: Don't play hard to get, ever.

ReputationRep:
    yes, no one wants their hunt dished up to them on a silver platter, they like to hunt it down.

ReputationRep:
    playing hard to get is too much effort. i'm out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Say if you want a relationship with a girl and she shows interest in you does it put you off a bit as opposed to her being a little hard to get? I just find that if a girl plays hard to get I want her more than if she is totally willing:confused: I shouldn't be like this I know its a bad thing really but are most of you guys secretly like this?
    Girls are all worth the same. What difference does it make which one you settle for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    Takes one to know one jk

I think I know what you mean, OP, but at least you know that when a girl likes you she's with you for the right reasons, and not because she feels like she should be.

ReputationRep:
    it all depends on the girl really,
    if shes worth the effort, i wd play that game

but if shes not worth it, and plays hard to get, i wd look for another girl

ReputationRep:
    I can see your point, It's nice to have a challenge every now and again but generally I don't like too much 'playing hard to get'.

I think a lot of you guys are speaking out of anger at the thought of a girl messing with your mind it is annoying yes but if you really liked a girl wouldn't it keep you on your toes?

Im not even suggesting that the girl does it on purpose maybe she simply can't make her mind up whether or not she wants to be with you and you sort of have to win her over.

ReputationRep:
    playing hard to get puts me straight off

you want to play childish mind games you can go do them on someone whos not me

ReputationRep:
    i prefer lassies being more open and forward about how they feel

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind them playing hard to get.

What I hate is when they start b*tching to their friends about me being desperate and getting played. If they do that for any length of time, I'm put off straight away :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    I agree

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.