Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Are there any other big insurance companies offering student insurance? Or is Endsleigh the only one?

    Just thought i'd shop around a little more this year rather than just going for endsleigh if there's a choice.

    I get mine with Saxon which gives me a basic cover (i.e against forced entry and fire I think) for £40 a year, around half what the quote I got with Endsleigh was. I think the difference was because Endsleigh's insurance covered my items outside of my uni home... but since I really only take my phone and mp3 player (both very low value now) out with me on a regular basis, for me I didn't see the point in paying an extra £40 to insure them when I could replace them for less, after the excess and stuff. I guess if you have expensive phone/camera/ipod etc out with you all the time then it's worth being insured for this.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course


Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.