Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulkpull)
    No way, someone from Redditch on here o_O? That's pretty much a first. (my location is Birmingham 'cause that's where I went to school)
    im from redditch too :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    I ended up being in hospital and on anti-biotics for the first time in my life. I did have an underlying condition I wasn't aware of though. So, err, no.
    What was it? I mean the underlying cond.?

ReputationRep:
    TBH had never heard of freshers flu before but it sounds fun! and if i catch it as well as swine flu..... fun times i think

ReputationRep:
    the swine flu pandemic is really going to step up a notch when uni starts.
    most people at uni are most likely going to get it before christmas.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, freshers flu is going to be terrible for you guys. But then again I reckon second years will get it too :teeth:

But yeah, bad stuff, gotta look after yourselves more than you would normally cuz of the swine :teeth::teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeteDoherty)
    Ivor Chesticoff

I had freshers flu from November to January
    3 months??? Whats the matter with you, is your immune system a bag o' crap?

ReputationRep:
    No way, someone from Redditch on here o_O? That's pretty much a first. (my location is Birmingham 'cause that's where I went to school)
    EEGADS!

That's quite unusual.

I didn't think there were any other computer literate Redditchians =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elldee)
    What was it?
    A chest infection which was hugely exacerbated by asthma I didn't know I had, making it extremely difficult to breathe without receiving regular treatment. I was kept in for three nights and missed my first proper week of uni. :sad:

But at least it wasn't ******* swine flu!

ReputationRep:
    Not looking forward to it at all. The flu I caught at Leeds Fest year before last was one of the worst I've ever had

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    A chest infection which was hugely exacerbated by asthma I didn't know I had, making it extremely difficult to breathe without receiving regular treatment. I was kept in for three nights and missed my first proper week of uni. :sad:

But at least it wasn't ******* swine flu!
    Very true, at least it wasn't. Asthma's a *******.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wickendale)
    Should I:

a.) Laugh
    b.) o.O
    c.) Point out I was joking

?
    To progress to the next stage *level 2* you must:

(a) Commence Bulimia *level 1*
    or
    (b) Become a Catwalk model

To skip straight to *level 3*, combine both options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wickendale)
    EEGADS!

That's quite unusual.

I didn't think there were any other computer literate Redditchians =P
    There are one or two of us I think but we spend most of our time hiding away or getting as far away from here as possible.

ReputationRep:
    It's not nice at all, but not that bad. Mine was just a nasty head ache and eventual conjunctivitus which was better after a few days with the help of Lucozade. Though just before Christmas, I had a nasty nasty chest infection. Constant coughing for two weeks before I realised I should really get some amoxicillyn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidona)
    So yeah, Fresher's flu this year is going to be one hell of a *****. Along with the usual incapacitating array of foreign viruses that will be invading every pore of your body, we also get swine flu to add a little kick to the whole thing.

So come one, come all, share your worries, stories and and remedies with the general populace. To kick it off, the best advice I've heard is to basically be pretty liberal with your multi-vitamins.
    Do u only get it from kissing randomers as I won't be doing any of that...or is it like when you go on a clubbing holiday and your body just can't handle the alcohol and lack of sleep?

ReputationRep:
    It's been years and years since I last vomited. So I don't want to catch it anytime soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    To progress to the next stage *level 2* you must:

(a) Commence Bulimia *level 1*
    or
    (b) Become a Catwalk model

To skip straight to *level 3*, combine both options.
    Level 3 achieved!

There are one or two of us I think but we spend most of our time hiding away or getting as far away from here as possible.
    Does not surprise me at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madeline06)
    im from redditch too :O
    Nooo way!

It's a TSR epidemic!

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure it'll be called "swine flu" this time around and a number of people will die of it. Great fun.

ReputationRep:
    Freshers flu is a load of rubbish, but the reasons students get it is because they don't have a properly balanced diet to aid their immune systems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigman_ben)
    Freshers flu is a load of rubbish, but the reasons students get it is because they don't have a properly balanced diet to aid their immune systems.
    Not necessarily, I managed to get it last year, despite being fully catered (and thus having a pretty decent diet). I can see how the pot noodle diet doesn't help in certain scenarios though.

(Original post by klash1022)
    *snip*
    Nah, it's airborne and you can catch it quite easily. I mean, you will be in a lecture theatre with 'x' amount of people, all coughing and sneezing away, so go figure.
    But yeah, the constant partying doesn't do you any favours either.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.