Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm more worried about swine flu than fresher's flu, trouble is I might not be able to tell the difference!

ReputationRep:
    freshers flu..get it every year..1st year almost died with glandular fever but still partyed hard like a MO FO..then went on a sports residential, 2nd year was slightly tamer in the sense that i ngot a throat infection so roll on my 3rd and final year- hopefully it will be so bad iget mitigation for the whole year and get to do it all again instead of finding a job!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elldee)
    3 months??? Whats the matter with you, is your immune system a bag o' crap?
    Yeh it was awful, it wasn't actual flu really.

Just a cold and general feeling of physical awfulness that would not cease to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidona)
    So yeah, Fresher's flu this year is going to be one hell of a *****.
    Providing I get my grades, you'll be getting my Fresher's flu. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeteDoherty)
    Yeh it was awful, it wasn't actual flu really.

Just a cold and general feeling of physical awfulness that would not cease to be.
    You survived though...:five:

I am really not looking forward to either because I easily get the flu anyway. I have the flu pretty much all year round even in summer meaning it'll probably be easier to get freshers flu.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get freshers flu last year. Drinking orange juice was helpful I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wickendale)
    Nooo way!

It's a TSR epidemic!
    redditch sucks roll on uni

ReputationRep:
    how does orange juice help?

I'd never heard of freshers flu but it does explain why my friend was always on antibiotics.

however, all this talk is making me want to get it, to see what the fuss is about (yep, i am that person)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madeline06)
    redditch sucks roll on uni
    Hell yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Est.1989)
    how does orange juice help?

I'd never heard of freshers flu but it does explain why my friend was always on antibiotics.

however, all this talk is making me want to get it, to see what the fuss is about (yep, i am that person)
    Loads of vitamin C, pretty much.

And trust me, you don't want it. It's a right bi*ch.

ReputationRep:
    I got freshers flu just before going to uni. I enjoyed my first few nights dying with flu...don't let it stop you! The only time I let anything bother me was subaccute tonsilitis halfway through first year...now that did stop me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigman_ben)
    Freshers flu is a load of rubbish, but the reasons students get it is because they don't have a properly balanced diet to aid their immune systems.
    Load of *****, too drunk to properly explain why. Quote me and I'll get to you tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Can't say I'm looking forward to it but at least if I get it it will hopefully offset the potential gain in weight from all the alcohol!!

ReputationRep:
    Is it strange that I actually want swine flu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_KaKa)
    Is it strange that I actually want swine flu?
    why do you want it?
    ive got it and im kinda glad ive got it out of the way cos then i wont get ill before reading festival, where as my mates are now worried theyll get ill before it n have to sell their tickets! it isnt nice though...

ReputationRep:
    this year fresher's flu is being replaced with swine flu.

good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I place a lot of faith in my immune system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madeline06)
    why do you want it?
    ive got it and im kinda glad ive got it out of the way cos then i wont get ill before reading festival, where as my mates are now worried theyll get ill before it n have to sell their tickets! it isnt nice though...
    So if it becomes more virulent during autumn/winter, I'll at least have some immunity. From what I understand, it's relatively mild at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    My immune system is shot and I'm a baby when it comes to being poorly. I don't want it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.