Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    freshers flu doesn't effect me as my immune system is made up of anti swine flu genes and a few other things

ReputationRep:
    oh man mine was awful. Was pretty much sick for 2 months and everyone in lectures was coughing so you could never hear the lecturers!

Good luck with it... i'm just hoping i can avoid it next year now! :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I can recover from the flu pretty easily with the aid of my nutrition knowledge and motivation.

I shall be bringing my juicer with me and whip up some vitamin enhanced ambrosia! !!!! ! ! !!1111!!111111111!!!!

No germ will withstand the power of nature's medicine.

ReputationRep:
    Just got rid of swine flu, so I think it'd be just plain mean for me to get some other illness

I wasn't sure if I had Swine Flu, so i didnt go the Doctors or anything, then after the most horrible illness found out it was swine flu, had all of the symptoms

ReputationRep:
    Frehsers flu is only like a cold combined with a hangover...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_KaKa)
    Is it strange that I actually want swine flu?
    No because maybe you want to see what all the fuss is about or just get it out of the way now

One of my friends told me last night she had it... In a way I'd rather see her, catch it and know for definate thats what it was and get treated for it...
    But I had pneumonia once so I'd be worried I might actually die of it...

ReputationRep:
    What is freshers flu? :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikki-77)
    What is freshers flu? :L
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freshers%27_Flu :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I am on immune suppressants for my medical condition.
    Packing my NBC suit and S10 respirator. No joke.

ReputationRep:
    Freshers flu? Could someone kindly expand on this? I take it its a sudden influx of infection because of a bunch of students being cooped up in halls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wombat678)
    Freshers flu? Could someone kindly expand on this? I take it its a sudden influx of infection because of a bunch of students being cooped up in halls?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freshers%27_Flu

that pretty tells you all

ReputationRep:
    thanks, If id have taken the effort to actually google it then i wouldnt have felt like as much of an idiot lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wickendale)
    I can't wait :ahee: I hear freshers flu is a great way to lose weight.
    Really? Haha i want it then lol

ReputationRep:
    I had "Fresher's Flu" then I also had some form of virus that was going around Hall.

Although, I just thought I was permanantly hungover and shattered from lack of sleep when I had the second bout... then I ended up giving it to about six people on my course and they all had to have about a week off each, even though I'd struggled in every day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RemadE)
    I am on immune suppressants for my medical condition.
    Packing my NBC suit and S10 respirator. No joke.
    Nah go to your local GP. Because you are immunosuppressed you are entitled to Tamiflu due to the Swine Flu outbreak - may aswell kill two birds with one stone

ReputationRep:
    I never got fresher's flu last year :dontknow:

Not that I'm complaining!

ReputationRep:
    Fun times, I don't really have an immune system and am always ill anyway.
    My plan involves getting antibiotics before i get ill, so i'm prepared, vitamin C tablets, orange juice and lots of fruit and water.....and hoping the amount of alcohol in my system simply kills any bugs that try n muscle in, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spud_Hutson)
    Fun times, I don't really have an immune system and am always ill anyway.
    My plan involves getting antibiotics before i get ill, so i'm prepared, vitamin C tablets, orange juice and lots of fruit and water.....and hoping the amount of alcohol in my system simply kills any bugs that try n muscle in, lol.
    antibiotics won't work :no: be a waste of time and money, plus drinking and antibiotics not so good

vitamin C you an try,

Stress, which may be induced by tiredness, combined with a poor diet, late nights and too much alcohol, can weaken the immune system and be a recipe for ill health. All this can make students more susceptible to infections within their first weeks of term

its part of being a student, it gets no better for 2nd or 3rd years :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have asthma, so when I get ill I get a chest infection...lol.
    But yeh, I wouldn't drink on them, I don't drink a terriffic amount in general tbh. Except maybe the first night, otherwise I'll be too shy, lol.
    I'm feeling the fruit n water thing may be best, lol.

ReputationRep:
    I say 'lol' way too much....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.