Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Recently, my hair has become worse than ever, despite my routine being the same as usual...

I usually wash and condition (Charles Worthington), use a leave in conditioner and serum (Toni and Guy). And sometimes frizz smoothing cream for curly hair (Bodyshop). And I use an intensive condition once or twice a week too.

I don't use straighteners or other heat appliances on my hair.

I'm not sure whether there is much more I can do to make my hair better, although it's a mess right now!

Could anyone recommend me a miracle product?

ReputationRep:
    Short back and sides.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I wasn't looking to go down that route...

Any ideas, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    My hairdresser James suggested Tressemme.

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    John Freida Frizz Ease :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Try using Dove 2 in 1 shampoo and get a really good hair cut to take some of the frizziness out of it.

Twisted Sister is good for taming it too. I have really frizzy wavy hair and this works for me

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem, OP; though I DO straighten daily so I don't think mine's fixable! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by my[s)
    favorite[/s]things...]John Freida Frizz Ease :coma:
    Seconded. I use the shampoo, the conditioner and then the leave in serum. Works wonders for me.

ReputationRep:
    John Freida Frizz Ease-Miracle Rescue
    (y)

ReputationRep:
    ahhh i'm just recovering from this - where i dyed my hair practically peroxide constantly and regularly straightened it, causing frizzy hair breakage and just not a good look on the whole!! Keep going with the deep conditioning, don;t shampoo it as often, maybe condition one day and then shampoo and condition the next or something, as shampoos often dry hair out. Don;t use toni and guy hair products, theyre rubbish. If you want good hair products, go to a salon and get stuff fro mthe tigi range, and theres also something called s factor i think which is supposed to be good. Not only this but the ghd products also have a good reputation from the hairdressers i've spoken too.

Also - go and have a good cut, get them to really strip it, put back the layers etc and dw they don;t need to take alot off the length to do this!

This really worked for me, and now my hair is back to normal again! (thank god!)

Hope this helps, x x x

ReputationRep:
    You shouldnt complain so much! My hairs natural state is a big wavy curly mess. Though I encourage it cause it looks better on me, so if you do what I dont it might help you a bit?

To make my hair more messy (so dont do these) I:

Go to bed with it wet
    Brush it when its wet then mess it up again with a towel
    Dont use any conditioner

ReputationRep:
    from the ages of 8-13 my hair was a huge frizzball lol.

but just use:
    john frieda frizz ease extra strength serum (the purple one, the clear bottle doesnt seem to work as well)
    john frieda mousse

keep doing the deep conditioning as someone above said, and try and get your hair thinned out and a few layers-this seems to keep frizz off my hair. hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend this product by Paul Mitchell called Super Skinny Relaxing Balm. It is my hair holy grail & i've gone through 2 bottles of this stuff already. My hair is really thick and therefore really prone to frizziness, but one pump of this stuff into my hair seems to calm it right down. It smells absolutely yummeee as well. It's a bit pricier than say John Frieda but i think it's totally worth it!

Btw ~ I'm working on a promoting team with Sure Girl who have just realised their new antiperspirant Dance Energy. The gorgeous smelling spray guarantees confidence boosting protectiong throughout the day for those of you who LOVE to dance & more than anything have loads of fun. ^__^ So yeh ~ I hope you guys will decide to give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    John Freida is amazing, but I would use a deep conditioning treatment that a salon offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mustang Sally)
    My hairdresser James suggested Tressemme.

:awesome:
    I Love Tressemme!!!! Cut down on all the products hun, you're using too much!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.