Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview soon and was wondering what specific questions to expect. They said 2 people from Asia was coming to interview me for 30 minutes.

Should I start to cram over recent financial news and study trading techniques?

I have absolutely no clue what to expect (besides basic "Why DB, and Why Global Markets?" General Banter). If anyone has done an interview, can you please send me a message, PM me the exact questions as I'm so nervous!! :o:

Thanks Heaps!!

Xoxo

Megan.

ReputationRep:
    How soon? If it's in a couple of days I would read over the financial and economic sections in newspapers, get a copy of the economist etc.. If it's in a couple of hours I'd read a couple of articles from guardian.co.uk or bbc.co.uk about finance and hope for the best! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    oh it's in 4 days =).

not sure whether to research global markets in general or specific areas (like structuring, trading, research, sales, etc) because they might ask what area I'm interested in then questions will probably flow from that. any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockubs)
    oh it's in 4 days =).

not sure whether to research global markets in general or specific areas (like structuring, trading, research, sales, etc) because they might ask what area I'm interested in then questions will probably flow from that. any ideas?
    Make sure you know any jargon that may pop up.

ReputationRep:
    You could read into an area you're interested in and which relates to the bank you've applied for and then steer the interview in that direction. I'd read over it generally and then research into a couple of specific areas which interest you. If you're interested in them then it will show in the interview and they'll see that you are passionate about the internship and want to give you the job! What kind of work will you be doing there?

ReputationRep:
    We can't give you exact questions.

ReputationRep:
    i really want to work in the trading team and will definitely do some finer research soon. not exact questions i was after but you know what i mean!! Like if they test you with brainteasers, on the spot type of questions, or any valuations (of lets say, an airport, hotel, etc). So back to it, anyone who can remember exact questions would be great!

ReputationRep:
    Why are we so good at FX?

ReputationRep:
    please, any tips would be wonderful

ReputationRep:
    Serously, why are we so good at FX?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.