Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey can someone help me...I have a feeling this is a really stupid question but I've applied for a student account online and they sent me stuff to fill and send back. On the form it has a thing for my account number... where do I find my account number? Surely thats something you get once youve offically opened your account? Shall I just leave that blank?

Also, it says I need to send something to prove I'm a student...I can't find the letter from my firm uni or ucas saying I've got an offer but on track the letter is on there, if I print that out will that be okay? I've got a letter from a uni giving me an offer but it isnt my insurance or firm...shall I send that? I have a letter from UCAS recently just about clearing and stuff but it has my address and personal ID should I send that? Ahh

Would REALLY appreciate your help. I want to get this done asap so I can send off my student finance thing about my bank account info asap.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    If you don't have the bank account number yet, then leave that blank. If you've given all your other details like name and address, they should be able to work that out for themselves.

As for the letter, I don't think printing off the letter from Track will be enough (I could be wrong though); they like to have original documents as given by UCAS. The letter about Clearing/Adjustment/etc., isn't suitable because it doesn't have details about which unis you've accepted offers from. Your best bet is to phone up the bank and ask for advice, but if you can't find the UCAS letter that you got when you accepted your offers, you might have to wait until you get letters after results day to finalise everything. That is, unless you can request a new letter from UCAS (which might cost money).

ReputationRep:
    What Nuodai said.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ****
    So the letter from Queen Mary (the other uni which I declined) isn't enough? cause surely all they want is to prove that i'm a student...not that im a student from city (my firm)
    I have a welcome letter from UCAS confiriming which uni's I applied to...im guessing thats not good either. :'(

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Natwest to.. they are soo annoying. Cuz they wanted a copy of a statement i had received in the past 3 months, i hadn't got 1, so i sent them an internet copy which wasn't enough... next thing i know i have the confirmation letter saying they have successfully opened my account
    As for the documents hmm... i sent -
    -A random UCAS letter which was like the confirmation of my 5 universities.. so had all the codes on (this was b4 i had accepted firm and insurance)
    - Letter from my firm choice accepting me
    - Photocopy of my passport
    - Copy of birth certificate
    And that all EVENTUALLY seemed to work

ReputationRep:
    I went into the bank and they sent off all the information and confirmed everything (i applied online) for me...however they did say it would of been much easier and quicker to just apply in branch...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perkie23)
    I applied to Natwest to.. they are soo annoying. Cuz they wanted a copy of a statement i had received in the past 3 months, i hadn't got 1, so i sent them an internet copy which wasn't enough... next thing i know i have the confirmation letter saying they have successfully opened my account
    As for the documents hmm... i sent -
    -A random UCAS letter which was like the confirmation of my 5 universities.. so had all the codes on (this was b4 i had accepted firm and insurance)
    - Letter from my firm choice accepting me
    - Photocopy of my passport
    - Copy of birth certificate
    And that all EVENTUALLY seemed to work
    Oooh I have the letter from UCAS confirming my uni options...!
    did you need to send that many things? Ithought you just needed 3 things; one for student, one for identification and one for the address thing.

either way theres nothing i can do to get anything else, im sending the origional letter from QM offering me a place..even tho its not my firm or insurance :/, nhs medical card and the ucas letter confiriming my 5 options... *sigh* i hope its enough...all this student finance stuff is stressing me out i want this to be nice and easy

thanks for the replies everyone

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.