Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need an Intensive Tooth Whitening product Watch

Ok my teeth are seriously yellow, well the canines are the worse (turning a very dark gold) the same with my premolars and molars, but not so bad. My front teeth are only slightly yellow. What tooth whitening products would people recommended?

ReputationRep:
    see the dentist for a whitening treatment.

ReputationRep:
    My cousin doesn't have yellow teeth, but she uses Pearl Drops and they make her teeth literally brilliantly white. Perhaps too white... but that wouldn't be the case with yellow teeth. Obviously not a long term solution though as you will have to reapply it after eating/drinking etc

ReputationRep:
    charcoal and then baking soda

ReputationRep:
    Apparently this is good.

http://www.drgeorges.com/

I bought some but haven't had a chance to properly use it yet.

ReputationRep:
    dentist will properly advise you on this, i have some pretty bad marks on my teeth caused by an enamel disease and i have some bleaching trays and proper bleach for them. a dentist will be able to properly advises you on how often to apply such products and for how long etc, as prolonged use can cause extremely painful sensitivity

ReputationRep:
    If you feel that they're really bad then I'd suggest getting them cosmetically whitened at the dentist or something? I've been using Colgate Total Professional Weekly Clean Toothpaste (http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stor...atalogId=11051) and you use it once a week (along with your normal toothpaste, I use Colgate whitening) for six weeks and I can totally see the difference. My teeth are pretty white anyway but that toothpaste makes them gleaming

Of course, not everybody has naturally white teeth anyway. Some peoples teeth are naturally slightly yellow.

(Original post by weet_ABI_x)
    My cousin doesn't have yellow teeth, but she uses Pearl Drops and they make her teeth literally brilliantly white. Perhaps too white... but that wouldn't be the case with yellow teeth. Obviously not a long term solution though as you will have to reapply it after eating/drinking etc
    Is that something you just apply to your teeth or is it the actual toothpaste?

ReputationRep:
    Paint?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Less_then_zero)
    Paint?
    tip-ex?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'd seek advice of dentist before trying anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle-x)

Is that something you just apply to your teeth or is it the actual toothpaste?
    It's - for want of a better phrase - this paint-type thing that you apply on to your teeth which makes them look white. I've got some but only use it for special occasions cos it's too fiddly to use regularly.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.