Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please leave anon, as the guy I am talking about uses TSR

I'm female, and I have recently become really good friends with this guy.

And he is 6 foot 3 .. which is a really lovely height.. but.. the thing is, I am only 5 foot 4.

And I am concerned that I look too short beside him.
    I am also concerned that I am giving him a back ache when he bends down to embrace me :o:

.. I know this is a stupid thread, and height has never been an issue for me before.. but I really like this guy.

Do tall tall guys like short girls??

ReputationRep:
    I used to kinda like a guy who was 6 ft 4 and I'm 5ft 3, wear heels. Lol.
    One of my best guy mates is 6 ft 3 and I don't even notice at all tbh, since he's probably the least intimidating tall guy in ze world.
    You'll be fine, don't let it put you off.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You'll be fine- height should never be an issue. If you really like him, then go for it!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think a girl can be too short for her boyfriend. Take Eva Longoria for example...she's not the tallest of people and her husband, Tony Parker is very tall.
    Look on the bright side, you'll feel protected when he cuddles you. I think it's cool actually and you can always wear high heels

(Original post by pamelaa)
    I used to kinda like a guy who was 6 ft 4 and I'm 5ft 3, wear heels. Lol.
    One of my best guy mates is 6 ft 3 and I don't even notice at all tbh, since he's probably the least intimidating tall guy in ze world.
    You'll be fine, don't let it put you off.
    Arr I am just soo use to wearing flat dolly shoes lol :p:
    But thank you for the advice .. I will defo be digging out my heeled boots for winter lol

ReputationRep:
    There's less than a foot in it, it shouldn't be a problem!

(Original post by kemistry09)
    I don't think a girl can be too short for her boyfriend. Take Eva Longoria for example...she's not the tallest of people and her husband, Tony Parker is very tall.
    Look on the bright side, you'll feel protected when he cuddles you. I think it's cool actually and you can always wear high heels

When I had a short boyfriend.. I use to WANT to wear heels, but didn't because I didn't want him to feel short lol...
    And now I have a tall guy interested in me... I am still moaning :p:

And I do love the protected feeling I get when i am with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by learner_dancer)
    You'll be fine- height should never be an issue. If you really like him, then go for it!
    You. Me. Rohypnol. One night.

ReputationRep:
    I"m 5ft and I once had a boyfriend that was 6ft 4inches tall!. I only used to go for tall guys ( 6ft and over). Height has never been an issue for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by learner_dancer)
    She's not even short in the first place. Short for a woman would be like 5 foot 3 below.. 5 foot 4 is very normal, and average or only very slightly below average.

ReputationRep:
    I can't see why it should pose a problem
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Prilynn)
    She's not even short in the first place. Short for a woman would be like 5 foot 3 below.. 5 foot 4 is very normal, and average or only very slightly below average.
    I know, but I think the OP was more worried about the height difference between the two as opposed to her own height!

ReputationRep:
    It's IS isn't it?! :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    Naw you're perfectly fine.
    It's more comfortable putting your arm round a girl if she's a few inches shorter anyway.

ReputationRep:
    If you both do really like each other the whole bending over and standing on tip toes shouldn't be too much of a compromise.

ReputationRep:
    GAH.

im 4ft 11, my boyf is 6ft... why would you even think your height difference is a problem?! they're 'normal' heights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please leave anon, as the guy I am talking about uses TSR

I'm female, and I have recently become really good friends with this guy.

And he is 6 foot 3 .. which is a really lovely height.. but.. the thing is, I am only 5 foot 4.

And I am concerned that I look too short beside him.
    I am also concerned that I am giving him a back ache when he bends down to embrace me :o:

.. I know this is a stupid thread, and height has never been an issue for me before.. but I really like this guy.

Do tall tall guys like short girls??
    You ain't no bigger an' a popcorn fart.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.