Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blatant Troll)
    Though round these parts, when you get to 18 and you're still flashing the green, you'd get a bit of stick :p:
    Which would show only immaturity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eli2ab3th)
    Can you use your student ID card?

Regarding the OP.. I have always used my provisional.. hate the photo on it though :p:
    Yes should be able to. My mate at UOA has his DOB and photoID on his studentcard and can use that, though he went to uni when he was 16-17 and beside the DOB bit it had in bold caps "NOT 18" so he got round that by tip ex-ing over it, and keeping the card in his wallet under a clear plastic bit, in the dark outside a club it passed a surprising amount. Most people assume because you've got a student card you're 18 so shoudl be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Provisional Driving Licence is almost always fine. I wouldn't risk it in the posh bit of London, though. Also M&S don't accept provisionals for some inexplicable reason.

ReputationRep:
    It should be. I use my provisional license all the time. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CWild)
    Which would show only immaturity.
    That it most certainly does. Though no more than 20/30/40 year olds on the lash often display, I might add :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blatant Troll)
    That it most certainly does. Though no more than 20/30/40 year olds on the lash often display, I might add :ninja:
    Yeah, got to laugh at the old timers still trying the party life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eli2ab3th)
    Can you use your student ID card?

Regarding the OP.. I have always used my provisional.. hate the photo on it though :p:
    All the places I've ever been to (barring places that let anyone in) don't accept student cards as they can be faked. A lot of places have signs saying they only accept passports and driving licences but maybe that's just wherever I seem to want to go...

And an id question, you know when you get a new passport and they send the old one back but with the corner cut off, d'you reckon places would accept it? I'd rather take out my old one than my new one tonight

ReputationRep:
    I use my provisional all the time for ID. It's the only reason why I got it.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.