Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever met someone you've met online and... watch

ReputationRep:
    Met quite a few people. Quickest was probably an hour, longest probably about 5 years.

I think if you've talked on msn/phone you get a pretty good idea of what they're like, with email less so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bludclotzz)
    Yeah rolled up in my car, waited for her, got a phone call, she saw me in my car, came towards it, i hit the gas, cos jesus christ, she was ugly as hell, I never knew girls had a brain developed enough to use Photoshop.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and yes, and also 11 months.

ReputationRep:
    I actually first met my boyfriend on facebook... How sad is that?
    But he's perfect (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilee172)
    where online did you meet?
    MySpace, messaged each other and stuff for a while
    Then MSN and talked more and more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tayalouise)
    Yes, knew him for about 3 or 4 months, talked on the phone as well, webcam etc. then met up
    Fell in love, we've been together for 13 months
    Same, 21 months for me

ReputationRep:
    Yeah rolled up in my car, waited for her, got a phone call, she saw me in my car, came towards it, i hit the gas, cos jesus christ, she was ugly as hell, I never knew girls had a brain developed enough to use Photoshop.
    lmao!

ReputationRep:
    me and my current g/f met online , we arranged to meet up at a festival she didn't look quite how her pics showed but she is still beautiful , as for her personality I sort of already knew it because we spoke alot on the phone first

ReputationRep:
    A week ago I would have answered no and laughed at the idea.

But yes I met someone off the interent. Off here actually, we'd been talking for about 3-4 days on MSN. She was like she said, so it was pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, camped with people off efestivals at Rockness this year.

Pretty much how i expected them.

2 were nothing like I expected, much much quieter and like a different personality. One was a little quieter but still as I expected. Other two were exactly as I expected.

ReputationRep:
    met a few girls off the internet from tsr at The Brit, much much louder when having real sex compared to cyber sex ahaha

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or is everyone living in happyland and you think that everyone you meet online is what you were expecting??

ReputationRep:
    yes, however we did bump into each other before but didn't know each other, we been together for 3 months but that was 6 months ago

ReputationRep:
    :ahee: aw c'mon now, was she that bad? There's only so much you can do with photoshop, right?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She_said)
    :ahee: aw c'mon now, was she that bad? There's only so much you can do with photoshop, right?!
    Yeah well, I wanted some quick sex...anyway dayum, i wouldn't drive off if it was you

ReputationRep:
    I met her through a mutual friend on another forum, we'd been talking on MSN and by text and phone for a few months and one of us said "hey, why don't we meet up?" - I have free rail travel so it was easy really. Her friend came with us the first time and after that we were best friends for about 2 years, spoke at least once a day etc etc then she turned into a massive ***** for another couple of years but I stuck with her, now she alternates which is pretty upsetting but hey, half a best friend is better than none right?

I would warn you though that with internet friends who live ages away, no matter how much you love them and how often you talk, it's easy to grow apart - arguments can go on for weeks because you can't get hold of each other and if one is REALLY mad then it's very simple to just ignore someone. Unless you make the trek to go to theirs, you can't just walk round their house and demand they speak to you and sort it out.

ReputationRep:
    2 guys. It wasn't an arranged visit, they were visiting family up where I live and they were like "right you scottish tit, you're meeting us" so me and a friend that also knew them online met up with them. They were funny as **** lol. That was about 5 years ago. Meeting someone else next week and quite nervous

Yes. Some have been how I expected them but others have been the exact opposite.

This one guy was so weird I haven't really spoken to him since. Even my parents agree that he was rather strange... :/

I met a certain girl from TSR and she is as wonderful in real life as she is on-line and I wish her to the ultimate happiness because no one deserves it more than her.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.