The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Glutamic Acid
I met a certain girl from TSR and she is as wonderful in real life as she is on-line and I wish her to the ultimate happiness because no one deserves it more than her. :h: :h: :h: :h: :h: :h: :h:

Very Sweet :smile:
I talked to someone online for a few months then we met up and now were best friends :smile:
Twice.

First time - 13. Was a guy whose msn address was a friend of a friend of a friend- that sorta thing. We had hinted we liked eachother and were sorta 'going out' lol but it was awkward and we left after less than 1 hour after meeting :| We had only spoken for a few months and funnily enough after that day we didn't meet again! Only spoke a few times after that on msn and it was clear our 'online romance' was dead, and we unsurprisingly blocked eachother!

Second time- 17. A girl who I had spoken to for nearly 3 years from a tv series forum. We clicked straightaway and she's one of my best friends now (20 years old at present).

Third time might be coming up soon... chatting to a guy for a few weeks... let's hope it's not like the first story eh? Hehe.
getinthevan
I would warn you though that with internet friends who live ages away, no matter how much you love them and how often you talk, it's easy to grow apart - arguments can go on for weeks because you can't get hold of each other and if one is REALLY mad then it's very simple to just ignore someone. Unless you make the trek to go to theirs, you can't just walk round their house and demand they speak to you and sort it out.

I've got an internet friend who lives in the States. We've literally been talking daily for about 3 years straight now. Even when there's days where one of us isn't around for a week or something, we'll still facebook one another with stuff. :colondollar:
Reply 83
Never, not sure if I would actually, I have friends
Met my boyfriend online.
We chatted daily [long emails] almost daily for 5 months.
We dated for a month, we've been going out for 13.
:yes:

He was pretty much exactly like he was online. We could chat about everythin and everything. Only thing was he was a little more awkward in prson than in the emails, but he'd warned me of that before we met up =]

Another person I met online was a bloke...knew him for over a year online beofre I met him. I found him to be a lot more distant in person than on teh interwebz. Maybe I wasn't as pretty as I was in my pictures:p:
Ozy
Thanks. Those two best friends actually got together and have been for over 2 years now. :smile:

Awwww :love: you should make a film out of it :p:
sashaxxx123
Is it just me or is everyone living in happyland and you think that everyone you meet online is what you were expecting??

Well these are people talking about people they have actually met, and saying it turned out okay. So they are living in the real world. which may or may not be happyland.

As for me i've met quite a few people online, one was a bit quieter but it's easier to be more relaxed sat in your pjs at home, and the rest were the same only in real life format.
She_said
I have no idea...I'd rather do something random, but he asked me what my favourite food was and then went all cryptic about why he asked, so I'm guessing an Italian restaurant. Just not gonna order spaghetti....

Aww no you need to have a Lady and the tramp moment!
that would be memorable haha
n0c0ntr0l
A week ago I would have answered no and laughed at the idea.

But yes I met someone off the interent. Off here actually, we'd been talking for about 3-4 days on MSN. She was like she said, so it was pretty good.

Black Man never wastes time :rofl:
Eww you guys must be weird. Meeting online how disgusting. :awesome:

Yes i've met a few actually, they were quite nice - still friends with them now. Known them for roughly one year now, 'sall good.
When I was about 14 I met a boy online who I then went on to meet up with in real life and he became my 'boyfriend'= as much as one can be a boyfriend in the year 10 era. However it wasn't quite the same as I knew he definitely existed and was who he said he was - he went to another school in my area and I knew loads of people who knew him. So I wasn't really risking my life.
Wish I hadn't bothered anyway though, he was a clingy, desperate loser.
Im meeting someone who I've been speaking to online next week :s-smilie:
I'm really nervous, as he really likes me alot, and he's from a foreign country, he's here on holidays...I'm worried he won't like me "in real life", or won't think I look as nice as my pics or something :s-smilie:
urghhh I'm so nervous!
Reply 92
TuckingFypo™
I've got an internet friend who lives in the States. We've literally been talking daily for about 3 years straight now. Even when there's days where one of us isn't around for a week or something, we'll still facebook one another with stuff. :colondollar:

Well that's exciting. I've always wanted someone like that. :p:
The Arts
Well that's exciting. I've always wanted someone like that. :p:

GET OFF MY BACK.
romeosbitch
Well these are people talking about people they have actually met, and saying it turned out okay. So they are living in the real world. which may or may not be happyland.

As for me i've met quite a few people online, one was a bit quieter but it's easier to be more relaxed sat in your pjs at home, and the rest were the same only in real life format.

HAHA - My PJ's are very comfortable :yes:
however I believe that this thread is promoting people to go out and meet people off the internet without fully understanding the consequences :eek:
yes. it wasnt meant as a romantic meeting, but i met a guy who was a friend of my weird myspace friend and just so happened to be in the same city as me!

at first i thought he was weird. then funny. then quite nice. when we met on two occasions, it was akward, but pleasant.

now he's moved to another country, we've still spoken a few times since
yeahh this girl who i met online and i were going to the same concert so we thought ehh why not meet up. she was really lovely, and i'm quite good friends with her now!

it was at a concert with thousands of other people.. so pretty safe really, not like we just arranged a place and met up on our own.
sashaxxx123
HAHA - My PJ's are very comfortable :yes:
however I believe that this thread is promoting people to go out and meet people off the internet without fully understanding the consequences :eek:

fair enough. People have to remember to be safe and everything. But you hear so many scary stories about peodo's that sometimes people lose sight of how many normal people there are out there too.
Yes yes. Met my boyfriend on a dating site in 2006, we chatted through emails/texts for about 3/4 months then we met, fell in love, 3 years later we live together and very happy! I always encourage people to try dating sites, they can really work out sometimes; a lot of my friends have had similar good experiences :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending