Turn on thread page Beta

For a girl of average height - what's the best weight to be? watch

ReputationRep:
    - Post has been deleted -

ReputationRep:
    what your looking for is your BMI(body mass index) calculator. this will give you ideal weights for your height. you can simply google this. hope it helps.

ReputationRep:
    ideal weight for what? a model? a healthy average person?
    use bmi
    weight =/= fat
    Lawrence Dallaglio is clinically obese, but he's not fat in the slightest

ReputationRep:
    Type "ideal height to weight ratio" into google and I'm sure you'll find plenty of tables for you to look at. Personally I think generally a person is too skinny when thier bones are sticking out and too fat when they have lots of visible flabs around the waist ect

ReputationRep:
    5ft4-ish with a BMI of around 18-19 is perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    5ft4-ish with a BMI of around 18-19 is perfect.
    That's a fairly low BMI. I'm 5ft4 with a BMI of 21, which seems to be just about right. 18-19 would be verging on skinny, although I suppose it depends on what you prefer to be physically. EDIT: I just looked on the chart, and 18 at 5''4 is classed as underweight. Make of that what you will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    That's a fairly low BMI. I'm 5ft4 with a BMI of 21, which seems to be just about right. 18-19 would be verging on skinny, although I suppose it depends on what you prefer to be physically.
    Between 17.5 and 21 are normal BMI's. 18-19 is normal for a 5ftsomething girl.

You're 21, which is normal. I've got a BMI of 19 and i'm in no way 'skinny'. I'm normal

ReputationRep:

You're 21, which is normal. I've got a BMI of 19 and i'm in no way 'skinny'. I'm normal
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bo...ndex_chart.svg

According to this below 18.5 is underweight.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'7, usually 9 stone, I want to stay that way, I used to be 9 12 and hated it. Think I have some dodgy scales though, as they said I was 7st 6pounds the other day - you can't lose, what 1st 6 in a couple of days can you?

ReputationRep:

Urm normal goes up to around 24.

ReputationRep:

In that case I'm clearly not underweight I weigh about 9 stone. If i were any bigger i'd look weird, since i'm so short. All depends on height at the end of the day ^^

ReputationRep:
    Your ideal bodyweight will be 124.378 lbs. There. Happy? And if you lose or gain a pound, I will have you killed. It is important to be ideal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    Urm normal goes up to around 24.
    Yeah, but it's verging on overweight. I was making a rough estimation to help out the OP, I wasn't trying to be 100% accurate.

ReputationRep:
    And lol at the neg rep for merely estimating average, normal BMI's. xD

ReputationRep:
    That was unnecessary - in case it was anon, it wasn't me! I don't really care a great deal about this. As long as people are healthy, c'est la vie.

ReputationRep:

Stop trying to sound so superior about it!! I've had a look and I've seen quite a few saying anything over 18 is healthy, I think it must be an issue that experts can't seem to agree on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by un-jardin-sur-le-nil)
    Stop trying to sound so superior about it!! I've had a look and I've seen quite a few saying anything over 18 is healthy, I think it must be an issue that experts can't seem to agree on.
    I'm not.

Everyone always thinks I'm so up myself. **** this ****.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not.

Everyone always thinks I'm so up myself. **** this ****.
    Haha. I'm shocked.

ReputationRep:
    That was unnecessary - in case it was anon, it wasn't me! I don't really care a great deal about this. As long as people are healthy, c'est la vie.
    Lol, yeah it's not really a discussion which requires neg repping someone :P And yeah it was anon. :rolleyes:. C'est la vie indeed

ReputationRep:
    Urm, it wasn't me that neg repped you. I have bigger fish to fry

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.