Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

For a girl of average height - what's the best weight to be? Watch

ReputationRep:
    - Post has been deleted -

ReputationRep:
    what your looking for is your BMI(body mass index) calculator. this will give you ideal weights for your height. you can simply google this. hope it helps.

ReputationRep:
    ideal weight for what? a model? a healthy average person?
    use bmi
    weight =/= fat
    Lawrence Dallaglio is clinically obese, but he's not fat in the slightest

ReputationRep:
    Type "ideal height to weight ratio" into google and I'm sure you'll find plenty of tables for you to look at. Personally I think generally a person is too skinny when thier bones are sticking out and too fat when they have lots of visible flabs around the waist ect

ReputationRep:
    5ft4-ish with a BMI of around 18-19 is perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    5ft4-ish with a BMI of around 18-19 is perfect.
    That's a fairly low BMI. I'm 5ft4 with a BMI of 21, which seems to be just about right. 18-19 would be verging on skinny, although I suppose it depends on what you prefer to be physically. EDIT: I just looked on the chart, and 18 at 5''4 is classed as underweight. Make of that what you will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    That's a fairly low BMI. I'm 5ft4 with a BMI of 21, which seems to be just about right. 18-19 would be verging on skinny, although I suppose it depends on what you prefer to be physically.
    Between 17.5 and 21 are normal BMI's. 18-19 is normal for a 5ftsomething girl.

You're 21, which is normal. I've got a BMI of 19 and i'm in no way 'skinny'. I'm normal

ReputationRep:

You're 21, which is normal. I've got a BMI of 19 and i'm in no way 'skinny'. I'm normal
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bo...ndex_chart.svg

According to this below 18.5 is underweight.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'7, usually 9 stone, I want to stay that way, I used to be 9 12 and hated it. Think I have some dodgy scales though, as they said I was 7st 6pounds the other day - you can't lose, what 1st 6 in a couple of days can you?

ReputationRep:

Urm normal goes up to around 24.

ReputationRep:

In that case I'm clearly not underweight I weigh about 9 stone. If i were any bigger i'd look weird, since i'm so short. All depends on height at the end of the day ^^

ReputationRep:
    Your ideal bodyweight will be 124.378 lbs. There. Happy? And if you lose or gain a pound, I will have you killed. It is important to be ideal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    Urm normal goes up to around 24.
    Yeah, but it's verging on overweight. I was making a rough estimation to help out the OP, I wasn't trying to be 100% accurate.

ReputationRep:
    And lol at the neg rep for merely estimating average, normal BMI's. xD

ReputationRep:
    That was unnecessary - in case it was anon, it wasn't me! I don't really care a great deal about this. As long as people are healthy, c'est la vie.

ReputationRep:

Stop trying to sound so superior about it!! I've had a look and I've seen quite a few saying anything over 18 is healthy, I think it must be an issue that experts can't seem to agree on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by un-jardin-sur-le-nil)
    Stop trying to sound so superior about it!! I've had a look and I've seen quite a few saying anything over 18 is healthy, I think it must be an issue that experts can't seem to agree on.
    I'm not.

Everyone always thinks I'm so up myself. **** this ****.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not.

Everyone always thinks I'm so up myself. **** this ****.
    Haha. I'm shocked.

ReputationRep:
    That was unnecessary - in case it was anon, it wasn't me! I don't really care a great deal about this. As long as people are healthy, c'est la vie.
    Lol, yeah it's not really a discussion which requires neg repping someone :P And yeah it was anon. :rolleyes:. C'est la vie indeed

ReputationRep:
    Urm, it wasn't me that neg repped you. I have bigger fish to fry

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.