Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

For a girl of average height - what's the best weight to be? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    Yeah, but it's verging on overweight. I was making a rough estimation to help out the OP, I wasn't trying to be 100% accurate.
    Urm no, normal weight is between 19 to 24.

ReputationRep:
    A BMI is a rough guide to the ideal weight for different heights. 18-24ish is classed as healthy for every height, but obviously the actual weight you need to be to have a BMI in this range varies depending on height. The posts saying a BMI of x is good if you are y height are nonsensical.

From a personal perspective, I think unless a girl has quite a lot of muscle which obviously weighs more, a BMI of about 18-22 looks nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    Urm no, normal weight is between 19 to 24.
    Really not bothered to argue what normal weight is. Everyone has different opinions on what healthy looks like and what healthy is.

ReputationRep:
    Really not bothered to argue what normal weight is. Everyone has different opinions on what healthy looks like and what healthy is.
    Ah, so you were just posting in this thread for the lols? You really do make no sense and fail at being mysterious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    Urm, it wasn't me that neg repped you. I have bigger fish to fry
    Have fun frying them then! xD

ReputationRep:
    Have fun frying them then! xD
    Indeed, with some bhajis maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    Ah, so you were just posting in this thread for the lols? You really do make no sense and fail at being mysterious
    I was posting to help the OP, since she asked for help. I can't see what doesn't make sense about that.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore BMI. Body type varies so much between different people that it's almost completely useless. Look at yourself. If you're happy with what you see, then fine. If you're fat, lose some weight. BMI is for idiots. Apparently, at 5'9 my BMI is 24.5, which is nearly overweight (take a look at my profile picture and you can see that I couldn't be further from overweight).

ReputationRep:
    Lol, the OP was so vague that I don't know where to begin.

BMI isn't always the best guide either, it's just sort of a rough idea. You have to judge women individually on matters like this.

ReputationRep:
    Gosh I'm 5 ft 4 with a BMI of about 22-23. I must be obese...

OP the 'best weight' is difficult to answer as people carry their weight differently. To some people on here my weight (9st 5) may be offensively huge but I carry all my weight on my bust and hips and am reasonably toned so I don't look overweight in any way. Although the fact that I am a HEALTHY WEIGHT may also contribute to this.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to prefer girls who are a little bit heavier than BMI expects them to be. A lean 22-23 BMI looks nice

ReputationRep:
    Well... I would saay that it could be anything from 8 stone to 12 stone? It really depends though!! Just go for the middle: 10 stone... if you are at that it doesn't matter how tall or short you are your not gonna be THAT overweight/skinny.

ReputationRep:
    Between 17.5 and 21 are normal BMI's. 18-19 is normal for a 5ftsomething girl.

You're 21, which is normal. I've got a BMI of 19 and i'm in no way 'skinny'. I'm normal

Thats I right loasd of tripe, normal bmi's are 18.5 - 24.9.

Christ if everyone with over 21 bmi wasnt a normal weight, then the majority of people wouldnt be "normal".

ReputationRep:
    It depends on your body and how it looks to what weight will suit it best but maybe something between 8 stone - 10 stone for a girl who is 5'3"? Or a BMI between 18.5 - 24.9, but some doctors seem to like your BMI to be between 20 - 24.9.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.