Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who has their student finance application finished/confirmed? Watch

ReputationRep:
    How many people have got their evidence checked and their application finished and finalised?

Thanks for replies!

ReputationRep:
    I have and probably quite a few people do.

ReputationRep:
    I still need to apply for it. How hard am I!

ReputationRep:
    I think mine has been done now. I got a basic letter first which confused me, but was advised to send it back by one of the Student Finance advisers and last week I got the assessed version of the line, so I sent my declaration form. Think its sorted now?

And our evidence got returned.

ReputationRep:
    I have mine all sorted but didn't ask for income-assessed.

ReputationRep:
    My loans and main grants are done and is marked as approved, but still waiting for the CCG to be done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jasonlu)
    How many people have got their evidence checked and their application finished and finalised?

Thanks for replies!
    Me!! Only sent it off about 3 weeks ago (1 month at most) but am Continuing Student so dont know if its easier. Though am sending off a form to change course but nothing else now (going from BA (Hons) Marketing to BA (Hons) Marketing and no not a typo).

ReputationRep:
    Yep. It took a long long time and many phone calls & letters though.

ReputationRep:
    I got my final notification form ages ago, but it's not financially-assessed.. but the guy told me to sign it anyway.. oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for income-assessed and my mum sent off her income details etc..

Just got a letter saying they require 'the following information which you did not give in your application form'

Then it says 'Before the beginning of your academic year, your application will be re-assessed for full financial support, when we have verified the details your sponsors have provided'...

'No further action is currently required on your part'

So does that mean they've received my sponsor's details and just need more time to process them? In that case why does it say they require extra information... confused

Anyone know what that's about?

ReputationRep:
    I will after I signed something they given me and sent it back to them.

But im not sure about the grant, and the bursery that I'm meant to be getting, I've not heard much about this, can anyone help me on that?

ReputationRep:
    My online status says 'approved' but I haven't had any letters telling me it's approved, nor have I had the schedule of payments/payment summary thingy like I had last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam...)
    I applied for income-assessed and my mum sent off her income details etc..

Just got a letter saying they require 'the following information which you did not give in your application form'

Then it says 'Before the beginning of your academic year, your application will be re-assessed for full financial support, when we have verified the details your sponsors have provided'...

'No further action is currently required on your part'

So does that mean they've received my sponsor's details and just need more time to process them? In that case why does it say they require extra information... confused

Anyone know what that's about?
    There's a message on the website now saying if you've recieved a letter saying they need extra evidence, ignore it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fi0na.)
    I got my final notification form ages ago, but it's not financially-assessed.. but the guy told me to sign it anyway.. oh dear.
    Yeah I got that today.Are we supposed to just sign that and they'll re-assess it later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jukukiwaiyi)
    I will after I signed something they given me and sent it back to them.

But im not sure about the grant, and the bursery that I'm meant to be getting, I've not heard much about this, can anyone help me on that?

Is yours financially-assessed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamgazza)
    There's a message on the website now saying if you've recieved a letter saying they need extra evidence, ignore it.
    So there is! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I signed something a while ago and sent in back then I got a letter saying how much money I was going to get which looked pretty much the same, give or take a bit cos its always a bit different every year and I think thats it as far as I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam...)
    Yeah I got that today.Are we supposed to just sign that and they'll re-assess it later?
    I got my declaration form ages ago, but ignored it as they didn't assess it financially so they'd only said about the tuition fee and maintenance loan. I rang up a few times, but nothing helped. Then last week, the guy said something to do with the system being slow, and they'd make changes once people have sent back their signatures..?

I'd starve if I don't get my bursary!

ReputationRep:
    Had to send in a copy of my ID card signed and such, so i'm waiting to hear word back from them soonish. I'm non-income assessed though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fi0na.)
    I got my declaration form ages ago, but ignored it as they didn't assess it financially so they'd only said about the tuition fee and maintenance loan. I rang up a few times, but nothing helped. Then last week, the guy said something to do with the system being slow, and they'd make changes once people have sent back their signatures..?

I'd starve if I don't get my bursary!
    On another thread a couple of weeks ago it was said that they are assessing everyone at a base rate, taking signatures, then sending the full financial assessments later.

Its all due to an unexpected influx of extra applicants from the recession.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.