Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who has their student finance application finished/confirmed? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    On another thread a couple of weeks ago it was said that they are assessing everyone at a base rate, taking signatures, then sending the full financial assessments later.

Its all due to an unexpected influx of extra applicants from the recession.

Could you show me the thread?

I can stop panicking a bit now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fi0na.)
    Could you show me the thread?

I can stop panicking a bit now.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=954986

It starts talking about the grant but its about the income assessed loans too just read through.

ReputationRep:
    I have had three different assesment letters because of my mum's p60 being hand written (so first time it wasn't accepted).
    First it was a basic one, then non income assesed then income assesed.
    I sent off the signed form from the 'non income assesed' (cause i got it on the same day as basic) and then when i got my income assesed i didn't need to send off another form because the one form covers the whole thing- the form isn't specific to the amount you get, its just about agreeing to pay the loan etc.

So I would sign the form and send it off whether you want more assesment or not- then it's done with ready for when you get the final assesment and won't delay you getting your money.

And as you can probably gather, I've been assesed and ready- although on the previous years income not the most recent one, where my mum has earnt less. But we can't be bothered to change it now as might not get much more and it took like 8 weeks for the second one to come through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam...)
    Yeah I got that today.Are we supposed to just sign that and they'll re-assess it later?
    Yes, I asked about this a while back. The signature isnt for the amount they have assessed as this can be changed at any time.

It's purely because it was done online and they need a hard copy of your signature. Thats what I was told anyway

ReputationRep:
    mine has been 'approved' since early march. but i reckon they'll change it about a week before my course starts - they've assessed me as entitled to tuition fee loan and maintenance grant aswell as maintenance loan but i should only be entitled to the loan. oh well, ill have to wait and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fi0na.)
    Is yours financially-assessed?
    the student loan or bursery + grant?
    I know the student loan is, im not sure about bursery + grant tho :l

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jukukiwaiyi)
    the student loan or bursery + grant?
    I know the student loan is, im not sure about bursery + grant tho :l
    Of course they have to assess you for things like a bursary or a grant otherwise theyd be blindly giving out money meant for people from low income backgrounds.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm thanks whoever repped me! I guess we should just sit here with our fingers crossed and hope for the best. Damn recession.

ReputationRep:
    Got my loans and grant through after my MP got involved. Sent the confirmation slip back and how have had 3 letters in the space of a week repeating the same information!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roubiliac)
    Got my loans and grant through after my MP got involved. Sent the confirmation slip back and how have had 3 letters in the space of a week repeating the same information!
    I temporarily withdrew for 4 months and the SLC wanted to charge me as though I withdrew so I got my LEA on em (after 8 different people telling me different things and swearing they were each right) and they have now agreed to what I want and are going to change 2 pieces of policy. They all sent me different things and I have complained that none of their staff knew their policies which is so true before we get into their policies being wrong.

ReputationRep:
    had it done months ago...but im a continuing student

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, mine's been assessed and I'm applying for the first time. I'm also foreign and there were other complicated issues surrounding my application so I'm very relieved (!) Don't worry too much if you get an email saying they require more evidence because I got that when I knew I'd sent what I needed to in (it was just a mass sent email). Send your stuff by recorded delivery too because that way it's GUARANTEED to get there and if they claim not to have it just quote the track number on the reciept

ReputationRep:
    Mine went recorded and I'm glad I did now! The guy on the phone told me to!

Haven't even started. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    My sponsors income evidence forms have been returned, but I am yet to receive any sort of financial assessment :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Well it says im approved on the website, and i got the online declaration form which i signed.. and i got a confirmation form sent saying what im gna get.. so hopefully it's sorted

ReputationRep:
    I got the letter saying I was only going to get the non assessed loan on Thursday then Friday morning got the letter to say I'd been reviewed and getting the assessed bit now as well plus my Dad got back his evidence he sent in too. We sent in all in April though so don't know if they're starting to actually process it all properly.

ReputationRep:
    Mine isn't sorted yet :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roubiliac)
    Serious stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Did it online. Got sent a Declaration. Signed and Sent.
    Then a couple of days later I got another letter saying 'here is another Decaration since you didnt reply the first time, send it!'

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.